[GCiv] Galactic Civilizations III Released!

Island Dog

Warlord
Happy GalCiv 3 launch day!

We have officially launched and thank you for your continued support. :)

We invite everyone to dive in and explore the many paths to victory of Galactic Civilizations III. The empire you forge reflects your choices, from warrior societies organized around conquest to pragmatic economic powerhouses whose strength is in their allies.

Building an empire so culturally influential that rival worlds defect to your cause is perfectly viable, so long as you can keep their dropships from landing on your core worlds through literal defenses or soft-power diplomatic maneuvers.

Galactic Civilizations III also brings massive improvements to one of the highest-rated strategy series of all time. The 64-bit engine boosts the maximum number of empires on a map from 16 to 100, with a similarly dramatic explosion in possible galaxy size. The ship designer gives players total control over how they function as well as how they look. Any ship you’ve ever imagined can be created or downloaded. Each race has its own technology tree, which unlock unique powers like self-healing starship hulls and superpowered terraforming.

Finally, online multiplayer is a franchise first. Challenge your friends, or team up to see if your allied civilizations can dominate a hostile galaxy.

Awesome! Gonna give it a try.

Did Kael have anything to do with the design?

I was not a big fan of I and II, though I own all, except the last pack for II. I do like what I have seen of III and will probably have to give it a shot.

So far this game is a lemon. It stops working within the first few minutes every time I try. The came doesn't crash to desktop, but the GUI stops functioning although the music continues to play.

So far, tech support hasn't helped much either. Perhaps a patch will fix what ails Galactic Civ III. At the moment, it is bringing back bad memories of MOO3.

I do not recall Moo3 crashing or hanging on me, even to this year. Issues a plenty, but it did play fine for me. I have had a lot of computers over the time, since Moo3 came out and it worked on all of them.

Wish I could say that about all my games, lol.

When it works it is pretty swell but it crashes a lot. The recent one point oh one patch helped stability.

I have a laptop that plays civ5 and BE just fine but GalcivIII is really slow and stutters. It also takes a long time to load. In order for the game to be smooth, I reduced the graphics to low performance, turned off the music and play on a small map. Then, it ran just fine with no stuttering or crashes. Gameplay wise, it is a great strategy game. The best part of the game is the world building. The aliens are interesting and the moral choices add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

I got it last night, but not sure if I will keep it. The game keeps freezing in the tutorial. I only had a short time to look at it last night. It might be because I am at the minimum for memory (4gigs). I might try using lower settings,etc as posted above. I don't know if the tutorial is based on a map too big for my machine. I probably won't get a chance to look at it again till Friday or Saturday. I saw the debugging post on the other forum. I don't want to go thru all that. I did not see a specific suggestion for the freezing issue I have. I am open to suggestions and advice.

Yours was the 10th post in the thread and 4 of them were from the publisher. Not the best place to come to get help on GC3. Maybe Steam community.

The big Diplomatic feature update and Precursor Worlds DLC is out today! :)

1.5 offers more diplomacy options, the new Coercion ability, and a unique twist on the Planetary Spending Wheel while the "Precursor Worlds" DLC brings exciting new worlds, events, and anomalies to the game!

Features:

• Precursor Planet Types: Colonize Precursor Worlds and discover Space Elevators, Orbital Factory Rings, Promethion Refineries, and other exotic technologies that can boost planetary production, build better ships, or increase resources.
  • Colonization Events: Wrestle with new ideological choices that can drastically alter the future and potential of your new Precursor colonies.
  • Anomalies: Alter the future of your civilization by sending your survey ships out in search of more powerful Precursor Anomalies.

Info and changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/473700/

The Builder's Kit DLC is out today. :)

New Ship Parts
Use dozens of core and specialized parts in shapes like disks, boxes, cockpits, fins, and more!

New Labeling Options
Use letters and numbers to enhance your ship designs and show off your creative names!

New Ship Style Set
The new Raider style allows you to outfit your custom factions with a new look to their starbases, shipyards, and more!

http://forums.galciv3.com/477524/

The Galactic Civilizations III v1.8 update is out today with asteroid mining, ship leveling, improved multiplayer, and more. :)

Info and changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/477869/

Asteroid Mining
Looking for a get rich quick scheme? Well, this may not quite fit the bill, but it will fill your pockets! Choose an asteroid in your zone of control and build an Asteroid Mining Base. When completed, it will send raw production to a planet of your choice. make sure to keep an eye out for your enemies, though -- these bases are fragile and easily destroyed.

New Planet List
There are a lot of planets out there just waiting to be discovered! This new planet list allows you to keep track of the planets you've already found so that when you go back to colonize them later, they're much easier to find.

Ship Leveling
Win battles and survey anomalies to level up your vessels! Most ships will gain additional hit points as they gain experience and Mercenary Ships will improve based on their existing abilities, which makes them a lot more relevant in the late game.

Star Information Window
Click on a star to see all colonizable worlds within that system. Organize your empire by renaming stars with your own name scheme - or, draw inspiration from your favorite Sci-Fi series!

Multiplayer Improvements
Enjoy new stability in your games online with friends! The game has been updated to allow for increased ship movement during multiplayer matches and a host of fixes for issues that could cause desyncs.

Rise of the Terrans DLC is here!

More info: http://forums.galciv3.com/477926/

Rise of the Terrans includes:

New Prequel Story Campaign
Learn how the Terran Alliance was founded and what challenges humanity faced as they fought to form it.

Face Down New Threats
Encounter the Stellar Guild and the deadly Xendar Menace

Play as a New Faction
Enjoy the benefits of a new trait that boosts experience gained from ship battles with the United Earth faction, led by new leader Secretary Mathews

The v1.81 update is available today. This update focuses on UI and AI, along with various other fixes and improvements to the game. :)

Full changelog: http://forums.galciv3.com/478793/

Increased AI Aggression
Ai is more likely to engage you multiple times in a single turn.

New notification UI
We've updated notification system to make it more useful and informative. Notifications messages now appear as scrolling list on the left-hand side of the screen. Notifications can be filtered based on priority or disabled off in the game options menu.

Better load times
Starting a new game is significantly faster.

New Lost Treasures DLC for Galactic Civilizations III is out today. :)

More details: http://forums.galciv3.com/478671/

New Colony Events
As you colonize planets, new colonization events will challenge your people and your integrity. Each new event provides new Ideology choices that may award unique planetary improvements and ship components. Some of these events appear later in the game, so keep your eyes open!

New Improvements
During your explorations, you will uncover new and unique planetary improvements that may function differently based on your Ideology choice. Choose wisely - you can only build one improvement of each type per empire!

New Ship Components
Discover dozens of new and powerful ship components like the "Ancient Singularity Cannon", "Subspace Splinter", and the "Hyper Gate Core". Your Ideology Choice may affect how these new components work on your ship. Work fast against your enemies - each of these ancient treasures is unique and you can only have one in a fleet at a time.

Top Bottom