My first resource/building modpack *finally works!*

isnorden

Amnesiac Modder
Standalone version cannot be used with More Luxuries, pitty :(.

Standalone version cannot be used with More Luxuries, pitty :(.

True, but the Lite version requires the "More Luxuries" mod and doesn't cause those map bugs. It may have taken me four eras to discover a city-state in playtesting, but at least the city-states and ruins were there! :lol:

Lite version to be fully compatible requires both res. mods, I don't want all of the resources from the big pack and the graphics of some of them (which are better in More Luxuries) are not good for me :( and I don't have a)time b) don't want to do any changes in coding cause of bugs so I cannot use your mod, sorry for that :((

Bummer! I'll have to keep working on getting the bugs out of the original; keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?

OK, I'll do that for you :)

Updates to version 4 of the standalone mod:

1. Corrected a major bug which kept ruins, city-states, and some resources off the map.
  2. Corrected a typo which made harvesting coral impossible.
  3. Renamed generic Gems to Opal. Although the new font icon and changed Civilopedia text display correctly, I'm having trouble getting the larger Opal icons to replace generic Gem icons. It's a minor glitch, though, compared to the earlier ones.

you should make it so you can build jewelers etc wherever a city has an improved jewel resource not just gold and silver

I may do that in my next update; thanks for the suggestion!

A user in the Steam community reported a problem I haven't had for several versions myself: he claims that the new resources aren't appearing on his map, and that the only difference he can see is the Gems-to-Opal renaming. Could someone please take a look at his game logs and figure out this problem? Thank you from both of us!

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    17 KB · Views: 153
Just uploaded version 4.01 (which fixes the Opal icon bug); it passed the playtest beautifully. Nutty deserves a HUGE "thank you" for his patient, generous help. :king: :bowdown:

when i city stage marriage with Austria i get a huge unhappiness boost? this doesn't happen outside this mod.

when i city stage marriage with Austria i get a huge unhappiness boost? this doesn't happen outside this mod.

I have no idea of what might cause that bug; the mod doesn't contain any code related to traits or city-state relations. Could someone with more coding skills please look over the latest version and help me solve this mystery?

also in the later eras if i choose production focus the tiles with production get ignored and instead everyone chooses to be unemployed? i have to choose the tiles manually lots of micro management involved. log attached

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    88 KB · Views: 131
Since the log mentions at least 2-3 other mods having problems, my best guess is that one of those other mods conflicts with mine. If you can figure out which mod(s) created the conflict, I'll add them to the Blocks list in the next release. Thank you!

I just released version 4.20 of this mod -- a bit too hastily, since I found a bug during playtesting. Ever since I added three more buildings to the list, all six of the new buildings (my first three from older versions, and the luxury-generators from 4.20) are displaying their names incorrectly. Instead of "Goldsmith's Shop", for instance, I see "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GOLDSMITH_ISN". Could someone please tell me where my mistake is and how to fix it? Thank you so much... :help:

Attachments

• [G+K or BNW] Goldsmith, Jewelers, and More Luxuries (v 420).civ5mod
    3.7 MB · Views: 122
If there aren't any syntax issues, those errors are usually because there's a duplicate entry.

But in this case... check your logs!
Code:
[547074.218] table Language_en_US has no column named Row
[547074.218] In Query - insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text', 'Row') values (?, ?, ?);
[547074.218] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file XML/NewShopsText.xml.

You're using "<Row>" to close several entries instead of "</Row>"

Top Bottom