Screenshot Only Including Terrain

No real help as such, and no answer as to why it's only taking shots of terrain, however I have struck a similar-ish problem myself with Civ4 not taking screenshots at all (having used the in-game facility successfully for around five years until recent weeks where Civ4 doesn't recognise my [Fn] key even though it works fine for non-Civ4 use) ...

... however a possible work-around may be; run the game in window mode rather than full-screen mode and take a screenshot from there. If Civ4's screenshot facility continues to fail, then maybe use another tool to take your screenshots (many graphics programs have a screen capture facility, and I've found the Snippet Tool from Windows 7 can also do the trick).

I hope this is of help as at least a temporary work-around until you get a more satisfactory resolution to the problem.

My only other guess - and it is a guess - is that you're using high-definition settings in your graphics options, and if you turned these down a notch you might get the results you're after. Given I've not struck this particular problem myself or recall reading of a solution from others, this suggestion is just a 'shot in the dark'.

I started having this identical problem last week! Now my screenshots only include the backround terrain. None of my HUD, diplo windows, etc ever appear in the screenshot anymore.

Pasting the screenshot in MS Paint gives the correct picture though, and so does taking it while the game is in windows mode. But the screenshot in the civ 4 screenshot folder is not correct when I take a screenshot in fullscreen mode. What could be going on? :confused:

I have Windows 7 and I don't think it is my Aero backround on my desktop doing it.

!!!!

This thread is lucky for me! I figured out how to fix it :lol:

Just change the graphics resolution in the display options to a different one, then change it back.
Apparently this resets whatever internal thingy got corrupted and the screenshot is normal again.

Hope this works for you too!

I am having similar issues, but none of the fixes here seem to work.

I tried resetting the screen resolution, but it had no effect.

I tried playing in window mode.

I tried pasting the screenshot in to MS paint.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had one additional issue not mentioned before. Civ 4 saves screenshots in order starting at 001, 002, 003 etc.

If you delete screenshots 093-107 out of a collection of 300 screenshots, then your next screenshot will not be saved as #301. It will save as #093. It will keep saving new screenshots until #107 is reached again, and the next one will be #301.

I am sorry to hear that nothing you are trying is working :blush:

Some technical details. I am running BTS 3.19 under Win 7. I usually run the BAT mod, but I am having the same problem with no mods.

On 9/24/11 my screenshots were fine. My next screenshot on 10/21/11 is terrain only. I suspect one of the Win updates is messing things up.

Cam H's above suggestion for a work around is good. I play in a window instead of full-screen mode, and I use a third-party program (Screenhunter) to take screenshots.

I don't like window mode, but it is better than nothing.

BTW the images with just terrain are nice for stitching into big images.

I noticed this bug seemed to start up ever since I switched to Win 7.

Nice to see Firaxis once again really caters to their clients... * caugh caugh *

I have a Windows 7 laptop and I noticed that if I do <Shift-PrtSc> the screenshot is saved as a JPG and I get everything, including the HUD. If I do <Ctrl-Shift-Prtsc> it's saved as TGA and includes only the terrain.

Top Bottom