Shaka

brewgod

Prince
Hello Guys

Alot of players re roll when they discover that Shaka is in the game but how many of you play as Shaka.

Playing new game on King as Shaka. Archipelago map.

Brew God

I play Shaka sometimes. It`s usually England or Shaka.

I played one or two games as Shaka. They're good on Pangea. If you play as Shaka on Archipelago, you can't use them properly.

Btw, I love when they are my enemy. Once, as Huns I kicked their asks so badly, he was paying tribute lol. Btw, afair, difficulty was Immortal.

I have played Shaka more than once... when played right the Zulu's can be amazingly powerful. Their early game is critical to later successes.

I've never re-rolled when Shaka was on the map. In fact, I never ever re-roll save for a real bug or glitch. Also... if you can somehow gain Shaka's trust he is one of (if not the most) Loyal leaders in the entire game.

Also, he can both spam and train units so yeah he's top 5 domination players

I rarely play as him because I don't really play domination games but I can see where they would be fun to play with the right conditions!

Shaka gets the rep from the early war being so much fun, but they are great too if you war late! The Zulu UA gives a discount to the xp units need (better than an xp bonus, e.g. from Honor), so with a Military Academy, all your units start with three promotions!
If you play as Shaka on Archipelago, you can't use them properly.
On Archipelago, the buffs particular to Melee units would mostly go to waste. But Archipelago is easier than Pangaea anyway. So maybe mostly turtle until you have Navigation? At that point, pivot to get your Military Academies online. Your Privateers and Frigates will all very quickly have logistics -- so it should be a fun game!

On Archipelago, the buffs particular to Melee units would mostly go to waste. But Archipelago is easier than Pangaea anyway. So maybe mostly turtle until you have Navigation? At that point, pivot to get your Military Academies online. Your Privateers and Frigates will all very quickly have logistics -- so it should be a fun game!

Yes, Sir Beetle, you're right about turtling. That can be really effective but still in doubt if it's good or bad for Zulu. I mean, turtling can be really helpful and kinda effective for other civs but I believe Zulu doesn't need that and in fact, turtling may cut his real power.

Btw, in my current Arabian Campaing, I picked only warmonger civs as opponents; Zulu, Huns, Mongols, Assyria etc. etc. and Zulu is next to me :D He invaded my lands in first chance but I pushed him back and he offered peace and it was a good peace for me I gained a few luxuries and GPT. Then he invaded again but this time he had to pay a lot more to make peace with me. :cool: He's just helping me grow stronger with his GPT :D

Btw, difficulty is Emperor.

I have played as him a few times he isn't my favorite civ. Now against him I love having him in my game although I am not as excited about it if he is right next door, it just means I will need more defenses than normal. I can pretty much do as I please once the rest of the civs hate him which usually doesn't take to long.

Best AI civ in game if you want to win peaceful victory on deity, except he isn't a good neighbor next door. Always pay him to attack someone and either he'll be too exhausted from all the wars or he just conquers everyone giving you time to win without worrying about AI winning on deity.

Best AI civ in game if you want to win peaceful victory on deity...
Can you explain this a bit? Or does “peaceful” include killing a neighbor (or two) early?

I mean, turtling can be really helpful and kinda effective for other civs but I believe Zulu doesn't need that and in fact, turtling may cut his real power.
Turtling with Zulu is wasting their strongest attributes -- but you were the one asserting that Zulu is nerfed on archipelago.

I sort of agreed, because melee units are not as important on archipelago. But I think Zulu is terrific fun from the mid game on as all your units can be born with three promotions. Privateers can start with Logistics and Frigates can start with Range. None of you ships need ever take hits from cities! So not so much turtling as binding your time, waiting for the Military Academies to come online.

^^ Okay, I misread your comment. You had it phrased correctly, but I was stuck on OP’s theme of playing Shaka.

Turtling with Zulu is wasting their strongest attributes -- but you were the one asserting that Zulu is nerfed on archipelago.

I sort of agreed, because melee units are not as important on archipelago. But I think Zulu is terrific fun from the mid game on as all your units can be born with three promotions. Privateers can start with Logistics and Frigates can start with Range. None of you ships need ever take hits from cities! So not so much turtling as binding your time, waiting for the Military Academies to come online.

On archipelago, I know no civ better than Ottomans. Of course this is my opinion, others might think different but even under AI control, they just roll.

Barbary Corsairs FTW!

In my current game, on Small Continents(or just continents but map is too good for naval civs) Ottomans just ruined the game for me. I'm doing good but Suleiman just keep building wonders in like every 5 turns lol. No civ is close to him. Current score of him over 1000 and mine -as second top- is 600s. (I know, shamefur dispray) but I'm dealing with Zulu just from the start of game. He denounced me next turn after we meet and built a city 4 tiles away of my capital and there is no where to build another city because of him and territory so good for Shaka I can't do anything serious, just harrasing him with missiles but impis are insane. Now, he's offering equal peace (used to demand a city I've found) But I fought this much and not gonna give up without getting something from him! :D

In my current game, on Small Continents(or just continents but map is too good for naval civs) Ottomans just ruined the game for me. I'm doing good but Suleiman just keep building wonders in like every 5 turns lol. No civ is close to him. Current score of him over 1000 and mine -as second top- is 600s. (I know, shamefur dispray) but I'm dealing with Zulu just from the start of game. He denounced me next turn after we meet and built a city 4 tiles away of my capital and there is no where to build another city because of him and territory so good for Shaka I can't do anything serious, just harrasing him with missiles but impis are insane. Now, he's offering equal peace (used to demand a city I've found) But I fought this much and not gonna give up without getting something from him! :D

If he builds four tiles away from your capital capture his city and burn it down.

If Shaka is offering a white peace go kill him or use the peace time to build up an army. He doesn't get any less aggressive after Impi become outdated. You'll just end up him attacking you with more modern armies whenever he perceives weakness.

If he builds four tiles away from your capital capture his city and burn it down.

If Shaka is offering a white peace go kill him or use the peace time to build up an army. He doesn't get any less aggressive after Impi become outdated. You'll just end up him attacking you with more modern armies whenever he perceives weakness.

Well, honestly, that's what I want :D I know sounds weird but I love defending my empire not attack and destroy them. I might sack and raze a few of his cities but I have no plan to remove him from the map.

Just like real Byzantine Empire strategy :cool:

Top Bottom