[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Yes i did, but nothing. Maybe you know how to contact gedeamon and explain the problem?

Sorry, but no. I'm also waiting for him to get back to me about some stuff. Seems he's taking a break from Civ5 modding :(

Btw, do you have logging enabled? There's a guide for it somewhere. If not, try to enable it, and find the lua.log file in the log folder. In that, the mods that are enabled in when loading up a game should be listed - maybe check if YnAEMP is there.

Sorry, but no. I'm also waiting for him to get back to me about some stuff. Seems he's taking a break from Civ5 modding :(

Btw, do you have logging enabled? There's a guide for it somewhere. If not, try to enable it, and find the lua.log file in the log folder. In that, the mods that are enabled in when loading up a game should be listed - maybe check if YnAEMP is there.

At page 78 of this thread, the user "Maxpavlov" seems to have been the same problem, but no one gave him a solution :sad: Maybe i'll contact him to know if he has solved the problem in his own way. Thanks for the help, by the way! :)

[SOLVED] Sorry. I confused the dll mod with the earth map pack and i downloaded just the first, now i found the second on gedemon profile downloaded and fixed. Sorry again, but thank you for the help

At page 78 of this thread, the user "Maxpavlov" seems to have been the same problem, but no one gave him a solution :sad: Maybe i'll contact him to know if he has solved the problem in his own way. Thanks for the help, by the way! :)

[SOLVED] Sorry. I confused the dll mod with the earth map pack and i downloaded just the first, now i found the second on gedemon profile downloaded and fixed. Sorry again, but thank you for the help
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Ehm, sorry there is another problem :rolleyes: The ynaemp and the custom civilization works, but there is a problem with the leader screen: passed the 42 civ the screen of the others become this 2014-07-27_00001.jpg. And no, the leader 42 dll fix don't work :confused: but the strange thing is that after i encountered the other civ (included those with the screen ok) the remaining become so.2014-07-27_00002.jpg 2014-07-27_00005.jpg 2014-07-27_00003.jpgThere is a solution for that?
Thank you :)

Ehm, sorry there is another problem :rolleyes: The ynaemp and the custom civilization works, but there is a problem with the leader screen: passed the 42 civ the screen of the others become this View attachment 379730. And no, the leader 42 dll fix don't work :confused: but the strange thing is that after i encountered the other civ (included those with the screen ok) the remaining become so.View attachment 379731 View attachment 379732 View attachment 379733There is a solution for that?
Thank you :)
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I know that others have had problems with the fix before - try checking earlier posts in the thread.

Sorry for hijacking Gedemon's thread! But since it's not completely off topic I hope it's okay.
I've received a few requests for a link to my giant europe map (which is incorporated into YnAEMP - wrote a long post about it a few pages ago), so here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vx5foqi975z7jxr/AAAm2p6u1n8zewiowiqBhsoza

NOTE (!!!) these files do change some things in Gedemon's original files in order to allow you to play the giant europe map. Just so you're aware, if you've made any changes yourself - such as adding TSL for custom civs, etc. - these will be overwritten, so take a backup of your YnAEMP folder just in case (otherwise you can always just download it again from the OP in this thread).

So to install, just copy the files from the link to your YnAEMP folder in your Mods directory.

Enjoy :D

Edit: just forgot to mention this, haven't added TSL for CS yet - getting to that in a day or two.

I'm playing on Linux. The mod loaded right, but after start the game I saw there is no resources anywhere (I tryied different civs). So, I was see the log: http://pastebin.com/rSwNR9by

This called my attention:
Code:
[285.739] File Error: WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua
[285.739] Runtime Error: Error loading WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua.

I'm not modder, but I thought I could figure out.
So, after searched in files on mods folder I found this (in this file: "Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22).modinfo"):

Code:
<File md5="4657D27E682810B91F0A181AA272FE83" import="1">Override/WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua</File>

I changed to 0 and tried again. For my surprise the error was different: http://pastebin.com/Pp9A5bqF

This error was easier to figure out:

Code:
[3372.221] File Error: \home\scoup\.local\share\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\yet__not__another_earth_maps_pack__v_22.civ5mod_FILES\Override\mapgenerator.lua

This file don't exists, it's name is MapGenerator.lua, but for some reason is trying to call it that.

Ok, I don't know who more needs this file, so I didn't rename it, just made a copy of it with name "mapgenerator.lua" and I did the same with the "\yet__not__another_earth_maps_pack__v_22.civ5mod_FILES\Override\WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua".

Then, this what I got http://pastebin.com/tgPp6LCB.

Everything working (so far, I didn't play yet, just walked arround with some scouts). So, I change the mods_folder/Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22).modinfo back to original and everything still working. So the problem is the name of files (linux is case-sensitive)

Like I said, I'm not modder and has no idea why this error is happening. But I saw some people with the same error on Steam (game loading without resources). Some of this errors was conflict with others mods, but I had none. This maybe can help.

Step-by-step:
  1. Copy file "mods_folder/Override/MapGenerator.lua" to "mods_folder/Override/mapgenerator.lua"
  2. Copy file "mods_folder/Override/WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua" to "mods_folder/Override/worldbuilderrandomitems.lua"

I think the interface for your mod is great, allowing people to play earth maps but still customise game options, but I was wondering if you could add Venn's BNW standard earth map here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=442692

And in particular, allow customising which civs are in the game, number of city states and whether there are ancient ruins.

I quite like the fixed resource placement in Venn's map, so I'd like to see that stay in place, instead of random resource placement.

Thanks.

Hey Gedemon & others, Ynaemp is probably the reason I've played Civ 5 for so long, it's simply the best. However, starting a few months ago, for some unknown reason (i don't think anything was updated or anything like that) the TSL for the giant earth map simply stopped working. I always spawn in either Australia or Africa, no matter how many civs there are, no matter what civ i choose. I have the updated 43 civ dll which was working fine for me up until this recent bug started happening. I have no idea what changed or why this is happening. Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem???

edit: it appears clearing the cache did the trick for now, leaving this post up in case anyone has a similar problem

Hello, I am new here.

May i ask how to continuously roll over the east and west of this map? Seem it like to stop at central Atlantic ocean...

EDIT: Sorry just stupid because i havent discover all the map yet lol

Is there a way to get the maps as map files, instead of a mod? I want to use the Huge Map with maximum resource settings with Really Advanced Setup, but that's not possible with YnAEMP as a mod of it's own.

hi, i saved out the map so it has resources and so i can use it with a lord of the rings mod (since yaemp mod doesnt seem to have all the civs i have let alone custom ones as options to start with). the new problem is, there are no ancient ruins anywhere despite the settings when i setup the game. does anyone know how i can save out the giant earth map with both resources AND ancient ruins (and anything else that you get when using it with the mod)? or what do i need to edit to make the saved out map use the standard game options instead of needing the yaemp mod?

i dont particularly care about TSL on the saved out map - i mean where did mordor or gondor or rohan start on earth in reality anyway? i just would like to use the map and resources level, have ancient ruins and archeological sites, luxuries etc, and i know there is another giant map of earth...but it differs in some areas from the one in yaemp, such as places in south america particularly near antartica, and the other map looks squashed and out of shape compared to gedemons.

i also have a problem with the TSL on the mod anyway; it always starts me in south america.

I tried all the dll's that let you play with more civs, from 28 to 60, but I'm having trouble loading them. Whenever I try to enable a dll plus YnAEMP I get a ctd. I ran a few searches on this thread and I can't find anyone else who has the same problem, so I'm not sure what's going on. Here's my lua.log:

Spoiler :
[214164.109] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[214206.984] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214206.984] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214207.046] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214207.046] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214207.093] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214207.093] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214208.453] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214208.453] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214209.093] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214209.093] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214209.656] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214209.656] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214210.250] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214210.250] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214210.843] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214210.843] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214217.125] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214217.125] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()

I tried all the dll's that let you play with more civs, from 28 to 60, but I'm having trouble loading them. Whenever I try to enable a dll plus YnAEMP I get a ctd. I ran a few searches on this thread and I can't find anyone else who has the same problem, so I'm not sure what's going on. Here's my lua.log:

Spoiler :
[214164.109] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[214206.984] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214206.984] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214207.046] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214207.046] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214207.093] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214207.093] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214208.453] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214208.453] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214209.093] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214209.093] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214209.656] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214209.656] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214210.250] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214210.250] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214210.843] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214210.843] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[214217.125] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[214217.125] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
Do you have any other mods activated? The civ 4 diplomacy mod (or whatever the name is) causes ctd with the 34, 43 and 60 civs DLL files.

I want to play with 22 civs but with many CS as possible.In setup before starting game it shows me that I can have 41 CS but when I start game it is only 17.How can I have maximum CS as possible in this mod???

Little Question:

How did you generate the 180x90 map? Worldbuilder dont want to go bigger then 128x80.
I need something like 120x120 for my scenario.

Thanks,

Meridian36

Top Bottom