Paradox Interactive games

I had a marvellous time when I returned back to Vicoria after a major hiatus (spent playing EU2). I can't really compare the two games, but Vicky was so much easier on the eyes!!

Pity I couldn't find VIP anywhere, anywhere at all... just vanished, not a trace- so I got revolutions instead, and I've never felt better about an online purchase...

Does it really matter? The real thing is to see the world COLORED IN YOUR COUNTRY'S COLOR! :p :D

I picked up Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday today (along with Red Orchestra)

I haven't tried it yet though due a certain FPS game! :D

Just started a new HoI2 game as the Soviets. I think I've discovered how the Spanish Civil War works - whichever side you support will lose.

Also using a new half-patch which updates the AI. How well it works remains to be seen. Also putting some restrictions on myself in order to force myself to test some new strategies that I learned in my German AAR :)

Kan (or anyone for that matter), do you have any simple tips for someone who has never played a Paradox game before? Thanks :)

Seeing as you got HoI, I'll focus on that.

First up, the tutorials are if I remember rightly, pretty decent, so go through them. By 'decent' I mean 'better than the original HoI tutorial, which I'm fairly certain someone designed to be as user-unfriendly as possible.'

Play one of the big nations in the 1936 campaign- in particular Germany, USA or the Soviet Union - to begin with. They allow for a lot of trial and error games, and you can pretty much make any mistake and still recover. The USA is particularly well protected by two oceans, but it will mean an extra layer of micromanagement with your navies. These three nations mean that you essentially have no need to worry about resources at all, let alone trading.

As I say, work through the tutorial first then try out the campaign. Feel free to ask anything more specific and I'll be happy to answer :)

Good luck with it :goodjob:

One specific tip - when researching, Industrial Techs first, all else follows after that. And never research anything that has it's historical breakthrough date more than a year beyond whatever year it is ingame :)

I just managed to unify Germany in EU2 (AGCEEP). Do anyone know if I get more cores as time goes? The number of cores I have now isn't very impressive :(

Where do you have cores? And what nation you used to unify Germany?

I think you should get cores to every German province, but maybe not to Austria's provinces.

I played as Brandenburg. Here is a pic right after the unification:

Missing cores on Anhalt, Sachsen, Mainz, Pfalz, Köln (and Pommern). Getting cores on Austria would be good :) Well, even if I don't get cores, I will go to war sooner or later anyway.

I was pretty boring to unify Germany btw... Too much diplomacy, and too little war :) Had only two quick wars over 80 years.

You can get more cores if you own certain provinces. I think its described on their website.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: Yeah, found it on their website now...

I think you should conquer Anhalt, it may give you cores to Anhalt and Saxony. Also Anhalt is painful to conquer if you let them build a Medium-fortress there.

Do you have core to Savoie?! :eek: Great permanent CB against France!

I played some more, and diploannexed Saxony and Mainz after a while. Pfalz was allied to France, so after a war I got Hessen, Hannover, Oldenburg and Lorraine (had core on that province too :))

Burgundy owns Baden - it will be easy to conquer that, but it doesn't give me enough warscore to get it permanent. That means I have to go for their capital. To get there I need access through France, which is only possible during war. Unfortunatley Burgundy has 72k troops in their capital, so it could take a while to beat them :undecide:

Damn! I managed to overwrite the save :( Oh well, the purpose of the game was only to see how hard it was to unify Germany...

Top Bottom