Capturing CS Settlers

Lukelbs

Chieftain
So I started a map on Continents Plus and as soon as my game starts I have 2 CS settlers near me and I captured them and turned them into workers. Has anyone else ran into this before? I've played a good amount of Civ but this was new to me.

Helped my city get out a ton though.

Is this a mod that increases the minimum distance of cities?
The script generator doesn't know about the minimum distance been cities founded and so if you increase that too much it will place a city state settler too close to another city state where it will just sit there.

A screen shot would help.

Is this a mod that increases the minimum distance of cities?
The script generator doesn't know about the minimum distance been cities founded and so if you increase that too much it will place a city state settler too close to another city state where it will just sit there.

No I don't use any mods just the game with the expansions and DLC. I've only had it happen to me once and I usually play with pretty similar settings.

Large map
Random Resources

Everything else is default. Maybe it was just a glitch?

I've seen this kind of weird stuff when I max out CS in my map settings but use a small map. But that is non-default.

So I started a map on Continents Plus and as soon as my game starts I have see 2 CS settlers near me and I captured them and turned them into workers. Has anyone else ran into this before? I've played a good amount of Civ but this was new to me.

Helped my city get out a ton though.

Once about a thousand games ago I started close enough to a CS settler to capture it. Two sounds freaky, unless you packed the map something fierce.

CSplay after AI. So in a map where you set many AI and CS, AI settle first and there's sometimes no legal place for a CSto found its city (specially if you let 3 tiles between cities). Settler just freeze a lot and wait, wait, wait...

Top Bottom