The Short Term Fixation

Libraridan

Chieftain
I love Civ for all sorts of reasons. I started with II, which I enjoyed no end, but then flailed away with III <shudder> and IV. I only recently came to Civ5, which I also enjoy.

One of the other reasons I love the game is that it provides a short term fixation on each map rather than the endless years of obsession I poured into World of Warcraft.

As a kid I used to draw random maps and plot out histories of conquest so this game is a natural. No orcs, mages, paladins and quests that never end. Here? See world, dominate world. Rinse and repeat, as needed.

I love Civ for all sorts of reasons. I started with II, which I enjoyed no end, but then flailed away with III <shudder> and IV. I only recently came to Civ5, which I also enjoy.

One of the other reasons I love the game is that it provides a short term fixation on each map rather than the endless years of obsession I poured into World of Warcraft.

As a kid I used to draw random maps and plot out histories of conquest so this game is a natural. No orcs, mages, paladins and quests that never end. Here? See world, dominate world. Rinse and repeat, as needed.

I was the same way as a kid, always drawing maps of random fictional places and inventing histories for them.

We were... rather special children I think...

Count another one... but I remember filling my created maps with fleets and units that would "move" under the magic power of my BIC blue pen from island to island, in a spree of conquest and death...

Wait... how am I not a serial? or a bloodthirsty dictator?

Oh, yes... because I play civ.

Some kids, weren't we? No I-Crap of any sorts, just pure good ol' imagination...:D

Hehe. We are all very "special" people here ;)
I also used to create worlds and I keep doing this even now, but with me it was always with words, not drawings. I'm in the middle of writing two novels now, one of them based on my childhood imagination, one of Lauren Faust's work. With my current pace of work and my still meager writing skills, it's going to take a few more years, though. After all, one doesn't create a coherent, living word withing 100 pages!

Wow, it's like everyone who played Civ drew imaginative history-filled maps as a child. We need to create a thread to share them, somewhere. :D

Err, I used to draw up maps of maps I currently play on civ 3. It helped me to plan out things alot more efficiently when I was younger. xD

At least someone so far in this thread plays Dwarf Fortress, right? right?

Civ is a fun game but if you were filling pages with imaginary worlds (mine tended to be more tactical minded battles ;) ) then Dwarf Fortress is the true game you should be playing. :D

Top Bottom