Modding internal trade route question

joncnunn

Senior Java Wizard
Retired Moderator
I've not been able to find where in XML the base food & hammers for either a land trade route (caravan) or a sea trade route (cargo ship) or where it is that sets sea routes food & hammers to be 2X as much as caravans.
(I've found the per era multipliers for this in the game eras xml file, but not the base yields anywhere)

Does anyone know in which XML file it's located?
Thanks

I've not been able to find where in XML the base food & hammers for either a land trade route (caravan) or a sea trade route (cargo ship) or where it is that sets sea routes food & hammers to be 2X as much as caravans.
(I've found the per era multipliers for this in the game eras xml file, but not the base yields anywhere)

Does anyone know in which XML file it's located?
Thanks

Those three factors (and seveal others - see below) are all hard-coded in the DLL

TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_TARGET_TURNS
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_LAND_DISTANCE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_LAND_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_SEA_DISTANCE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_SEA_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_FOOD_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_PRODUCTION_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_SCIENCE_DIVISOR_TIMES100
TRADE_ROUTE_DIFFERENT_RESOURCE_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_RIVER_CITY_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_PLUNDER_GOLD
TRADE_ROUTE_PLUNDER_TURNS_COUNTER

Those three factors (and seveal others - see below) are all hard-coded in the DLL

TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_TARGET_TURNS
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_LAND_DISTANCE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_LAND_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_SEA_DISTANCE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_SEA_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_FOOD_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_PRODUCTION_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_SCIENCE_DIVISOR_TIMES100
TRADE_ROUTE_DIFFERENT_RESOURCE_VALUE
TRADE_ROUTE_RIVER_CITY_MODIFIER
TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_PLUNDER_GOLD
TRADE_ROUTE_PLUNDER_TURNS_COUNTER

Thanks, but that's really sad since the other mod I'm using includes a DLL component (one of the smart AI mods) so it would have to be merged with them having skipped the XML layer.

I don't suppose TRADE_ROUTE_BASE_SEA_MODIFIER can be changed at the SQL layer either if it's a constant instead of a property. :(

(And wow, not even a constant if you would want a different sea bonus ratio for sea food vs sea hammers vs sea gold, [although the Harbor & Caravansary gold bonuses could be changed for a similar effect.])

can be changed at the SQL layer

Both XML and SQL update the same database. Only way to change the hard-coded values in the C++ code is to recompile the DLL

Top Bottom