Slow Loading Time

t1footsoc

Chieftain
I just bought Civilization IV Complete for PC, and the load time is terribly slow even though I have over the required processor speeds and RAM. Each time I am loading off of the CD which I think is my problem. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Yes 1st to bank then to futureshop if your Canadian or Bestbuy if ya bees a yank

You must spend more $monies $$monies $$$monies!!

Serious though, A spec readout is helpful for the tech guros to annalize the sitchy better.

Goodluck n happy civving to you sir

Well there are required systems, recommended systems, and then there's the one you want.

- Required systems CAN do the job but it'll be the worst quality and take it's time.

- Recommended systems usually can take advantage of some or all of the neat-O effects the game has to offer (like EAX audio for Civ.IV) and can do so at a a playable rate

- The one you want can do everything better than the one you have:/

This game doesn't run from the disc AFAIK; it just needs it to authenticate your ownership so it comes down to your system. If you're between 1 and 2, then it might take a while I'd imagine. A faster PC would proly help. Try to minimize your background progs as they can have an impact (they do with me).

For your reference My.System > Recommended.System took ~1min load to Title Menu and ~1min reload save.

Top Bottom