Units lost to Attrition?

Fredgerd

Warlord
I was playing a game with a friend (fairly new to the game) earlier and he kept losing units due to "attrition". I thought at first it was disbanding them due to negative income but he said he was well in the positive when it happened. Anyone know what would cause this?

I'm familiar with attrition for Missionaries but I've never heard of it for military units before.

It's a bug. It just means you lost the unit. There's no such thing as attrition for military units.

Carthage units chilling on mountains until their hp runs out.

Gunboats chilling on mountains until hp runs out.

Missionaries chilling in foreign territory which has shut their borders to missionaires until strength runs out.

Friendly units just chilling next to a hostile citadel until hp runs out.

Carthage units chilling on mountains until their hp runs out.

Gunboats chilling on mountains until hp runs out.

Missionaries chilling in foreign territory which has shut their borders to missionaires until strength runs out.

Friendly units just chilling next to a hostile citadel until hp runs out.

He was playing the Shoshone and was at war with Japan. The units he lost were military. It might be there was a citadel, I didn't see it happen, he just told me about it after. I'll check with him on it. It sound like it was a widespread problem that happened to alot of units though so it seems unlikely.

I seem to remember that when playing multiplayer you always get 2 death messages for 1 unit, one message says how it actually died (ie: "Killed by X unit") and the second notification says it was killed by attrition. Maybe that's the case and he was simply losing them in combat as per normal, but getting a second attrition message for each death? I thought that notification bug was fixed, but maybe its still around.

The 2 messages per unit bug is still around in multiplayer, though I don't think it's consistently applied. Maybe the unit has to be in enemy territory, or something.

Top Bottom