Caveman 2 Cosmos

BAD NEWS:
I'm seeing some models imported from the infamous game, ZT2.
Now I'm not hating or offending as I can see you have no time for modeling
As I can recall one of the modders saying they're not 3D modelers so the CIV leaders are just paintings. I can understand but was it really necessary to use the ZT2? I'm just questioning, I don't want it removed. *Keep the animals*

ZT2 has models in the same 3D format as Civ4 so its a great resource. Not to mention their modding community has a TON of great models to draw from. Since the CFC modders who make units rarely make new animal units ZT2 has been essential in expanding our variety of animals. Without ZT2 animals we would have maybe a dozen animals in the game. And that would be it.

In short yes its was necessary to use them since there were no alternative graphics to use. And in all honesty I like how they look and the fact they all look in more or less the same style. Thus keeping constancy.

Personally I like the static ones better because I don't feel like I'm playing in cartoon-land - I feel they come across as portraits and represent the leader with an 'avatar' that has a much more respectable 'vibe' than the original animated ones give them. That said I didn't have much to do with that decision so this is me 'the player' rather than me 'the team member' talking.

Yeah I like the portraits better. I also dislike the models that were used for leaderheads. However if it looked good I would not mind a "cartoon" portrait. Overall I think having a static portrait is way better. Having it reduce the mod size is just a cherry on top.

I'm glad you understand, believe it or not I still have the ultimate collection xD. Maybe use some prehistoric models, and then later code/script them for them to go extinct around 1000 B.C

I'm glad you understand, believe it or not I still have the ultimate collection xD. Maybe use some prehistoric models, and then later code/script them for them to go extinct around 1000 B.C

Our prehistoric animals do go extinct at the appropriate time surprisingly enough. ;)

Sadly ZT2: Extinct Animals has its models all encoded so no one can extract their models (except for the ones in the Dino Danger Pack that came out before Extinct Animals). I was also lucky enough to find posted on a fan site the meshes for the Marine Mania pack. Those too were encoded but someone some where along the way was able to get them. Otherwise we would have not had cool sea creatures like the Orca or Dolphin.

The prehistoric animals I have found have been custom made meshes by the ZT2 modding community.

Guys can I merge ls612 normal unit (not heroes and culuture yet) to core XML files? I presume what is needed is copy XML code to proper core XML files, yes?

Guys can I merge ls612 normal unit (not heroes and culture yet) to core XML files? I presume what is needed is copy XML code to proper core XML files, yes?

I believe DH already put them in core, but the XML needs to be moved, i am guessing??

Guys can I merge ls612 normal unit (not heroes and culuture yet) to core XML files? I presume what is needed is copy XML code to proper core XML files, yes?

I believe DH already put them in core, but the XML needs to be moved, i am guessing??

I may have moved the art into core, I don't remember and I am nowhere near my modding computer and the backup I have on my laptop is from mid v34. So I can't tell.

When merging the units into core it is good to not just add them at the end of the files but in the correct places in relation to the existing units. It just makes it easier to find them in WB at least until we can get the latest WB from Platyping merged in.

Tomorrow ill try to merge units from these modules:
1. The J:
- Warriors of God
- Militia

2. Units
- Colony Ship
- Highwayman
- Obsidian
- Rover
- Siege

3. OrionsMods
- Aviation
- GreatDoctorHealthCareMod
- Immigration
- Merchants_and_Pirates

4. Faustmouse
- FaustmouseUnits

5. DancingHoskuld
- TradeMerchant
- Custom_Units

Ok? Any suggestions?

Hello,
I love this mod, but I have a simple question about the "Flexible difficulty" setting

I want to raise the difficulty when I'm at No.1, and I want to decrease it when I'm lower than No.4

I managed th increase the difficulty by setting "FlexibleDifficultyMinRank" to 1
Now I'm at maximum difficulty and my actual rank is No.4, but the diff. is still maximum. It doesn't matter what I'm putting in "FlexibleDifficultyMaxRank".
I changed the "FlexibleDifficultyTurnIncrements" to 1 to see directly the change but nothing happens over a few turns.
Does any change in the Bug Options (in Game) requires a restart?

Can someone tell me please what are the correct sttings?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to change the difficulty on the fly with the BUG menu. The flexible bit often works oddly for me.

Tomorrow ill try to merge units from these modules:
1. The J:
- Warriors of God
- Militia

2. Units
- Colony Ship
- Highwayman
- Obsidian
- Rover
- Siege

3. OrionsMods
- Aviation
- GreatDoctorHealthCareMod
- Immigration
- Merchants_and_Pirates

4. Faustmouse
- FaustmouseUnits

5. DancingHoskuld
- TradeMerchant
- Custom_Units

Ok? Any suggestions?

There are some problems with merging units which have missions. Merging in the art is fine but the unit XML for Immigrants and the story teller line need to stay where they are for now. Same for captives.

There are some problems with merging units which have missions. Merging in the art is fine but the unit XML for Immigrants and the story teller line need to stay where they are for now. Same for captives.

Yea, I leave them now :)
I think to merge Yudishtira units.

Yea, I leave them now :)
I think to merge Yudishtira units.

I'm using mine right now (making another one) so could you wait till I finish that (or give up :lol: because I'm having trouble finding an animation that works).

I'm using mine right now (making another one) so could you wait till I finish that (or give up :lol: because I'm having trouble finding an animation that works).

Ok, tell me when I can start.
Or just tell which units I can merge right now.

hey guys i am currently working on a realistic c2c tech tree starting from our earliest bipedal ancestor to homo sapiens, unfortunately i have 0 coding skills and there are no pertinant tutorials on youtube, give me ur email so i can send my work up until now, although its not complete, its rich in detail
- i have everything done on an excell file

@diagvro1

While we do appreciate ideas, the prehistoric era has been redone a bunch of times now. I honestly don't feel like remaking it again (At least not for a long time). I am mostly happy with how we have it now and would like to finally focus on the "Cosmos" side of the mod rather than a 7th or 8th redo of the prehistoric era.

Feel free to post your ideas here ... C2C - Prehistoric Era

Having said that, I expect we will need to change the prehistoric tree somewhat if we do get Nomadic Start working and if I get the evolving religions off the ground.

Despite the need, we haven't been tinkering with the AI recently. We will... it'll still be a small bit though as other projects get wrapped up first.

Top Bottom