Railroad production bonus w/o the railroad

PoweredBySoy

Warlord
Is there a known bug for this? I looked around but didn't see anything.

It seems my cities are getting the +25% production bonus for a railroad connection even though I haven't connected a railroad. In fact, it's not even close.

Or am I just reading the production screen wrong??

I just checked, and even my cities on other continents are getting the bonus. lol?

Harbours are like railroad connections. If you have a harbouri in your capital or another city which is connected to the capital with railroads the railroadconnectionbonus goes to all other cities with harbour or cities connected to a city with a harbour by railroad. And I see a harbour in your city, so ... sorry no bug, used to be always the case as far as I know.

Really? I don't see anything that would imply Harbors act as railroad connections. Is this a new BNW thing? I don't ever remember this being the case.... but certainly could have missed it.

To test I sold the harbor of one of my cities on another continent. The 'city connection' was lost but the production bonus remained. I even forwarded the game a couple turns to make sure.

The game might not check whether the bonus is lost when you sell a harbour. But I guess if you read the civilopedia about harbours, you will read something about harbours providing railwayconnection. It would be unfair gamplaywise if a player is on a larger continent thus having more cities with a bonus.

He said he rolled forward a few turns after selling the harbor to confirm he was still getting the RR bonus.

Might be a "there-used-to-be-a-harbor" bug, but try switching to build something else in that city to see if you still get the RR bonus.

He said he rolled forward a few turns after selling the harbor to confirm he was still getting the RR bonus.

Might be a "there-used-to-be-a-harbor" bug, but try switching to build something else in that city to see if you still get the RR bonus.

I think maybe so.

So I did more testing. I went back to an AutoSave before Railroad was researched and watched the cities as it completed. The cities with Harbors did indeed immediately get the railroad bonus. I went back to the same save and sold the Harbors before Railroad, and once it completed the production bonus came back once I rebuilt the Harbors. So, yeah, I guess Harbors do mimic a Railroad connection, although I still see no mention of that in the Help descriptions.

But...... after Railroad is completed, and after the cities get the production bonus, if I sell the Harbors the bonus still remains. The city will lose 'connection' as you would expect, but the bonus is still there, even after progressing in turns. So maybe I blundered upon a different bug. =/

Unfortunately the save pre-Railroads doesn't seem to be available anymore. It looks to be the turn 500 save, but all I can give you is the turn 510. But with this save what you can do is sell off a harbor and see that the production bonus does indeed remain. I loaded this save and sold off the Braga (different continent) harbor, and after forwarding the game 5 turns the +25% bonus was still there.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0510 AD-1920.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Top Bottom