AI strangeness?

jonpfl

Prince
All,

Still playing my first game (King level) with shoeshin. I have the Huns next to me (I play random personality) and they declare war on me for no reason (no biggie).

After I beat them down a bit, they give me some luxuries for peace. Within 2 or 3 turns, they are back to friendly with me (they have something that says they went to war with me recently but doesn't hold grudges).

Eventually they declare war again and the same thing happens.

I remember in G&K, I never saw the AI change back to friendly so quick.

Only one game in so maybe this is not the norm.

Thx,
jonpfl

Um... they Huns for one and second,if AI have more military power than you,thinks that you present easy prey or treat to him (by spreading to much,especially if you are next to them),than this particularly civ (only the most aggressive civilization act like this etc. Huns )will keep attacking until you wipe them,but usually it takes very long time now before AI declares war on you.Again you are just unlucky to be next to very aggressive civ ( at least for me every encounter with Huns went the same..... war...war...war)

Um... they Huns for one and second,if AI have more military power than you,thinks that you present easy prey or treat to him (by spreading to much,especially if you are next to them),than this particularly civ (only the most aggressive civilization act like this etc. Huns )will keep attacking until you wipe them,but usually it takes very long time now before AI declares war on you.Again you are just unlucky to be next to very aggressive civ ( at least for me every encounter with Huns went the same..... war...war...war)

I use random personalities.

I just find it odd they are friendly a few turns after they ask me for peace.

I never saw that in G&K.

Thx

The moment you check RANDOM PERSONALITIES any awareness of their behaviour is out of the window.

It is possible that Random Attila is just being deceptive, I remember one way to check this is that they will refuse regular deals (i.e clean Open Borders deal won't work below Friendly attitude)

Top Bottom