Work around to CIV V Multiplayer "Please Wait" hanging issue found

NoStories

Chieftain
I am not sure if this is the same issue that everyone experiences, the only way I know this works and had been tested is multiplayer on sequential turns and without pit boss enabled. But here it goes anyway in hopes it works for someone else:

Usually past the 80th turn, you could experience hanging after the AI. You may not be able to cycle through turns, and the last player that must hit "Next Turn" is stuck with "Please Wait" while everyone else is on "Waiting for players turns."

So what you do is this, the player that is on "Please Wait" is usually the host of the game. Once the host exits to main menu, the player who is still connected will continue to cycle through the AI turns. The player remaining should now be granted the option to save on the menu. Make a save, and then quit the game. Then, host the related save which should be on the next turn and simply invite the host player again. Then, start the game. Your game should now continue forwards.

Again, I'm not too sure if this works for every one else, and it is a little bit of a hassle, but at least you can continue to play the game. If your game continues to hang, you will have to repeat this process - the new host must exit to main menu and allow the player to save it and then rehost.

Good luck!

Top Bottom