Civ Food/Restaurants

Carl5872

Prince
I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we post ethnic dishes of different civilizations along with any restaurants you can recommend near major cities where you live (if you are comfortable doing so)

My first recipe is Koshari, the National Dish of Egypt.

Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.daringgourmet.com/2013/02/21/koshari-national-dish-of-egypt/

Sadly there are no Egyptian restaurants I know of in the Cleveland area.

Chicken Khorma for Indian food and Chiang Mai Noodles for Thai food

oh, and I forgot Shawarma and Kibbe for Greek/Lebanese/Mediterranean food.

Italian/Chinese/American - there are far too many choices to pick just one.

Massive cheeseburgers for American food
Filipino cuisine probably the most well known dishes are lumpia, pancit, and chicken adobo... I don't know literally any restaurants for Filipino food because I only ever eat it cooked at home.

Polynesia is all about dat poi. Plus kalua pig and poke. For drink, have some kava. For old school Hawaiian food, can't go wrong with Ono Hawaiian Foods on Kapahulu blvd in Honolulu.

So my next random civ is the Shoshone, but I have no idea what they ate, and I would bet money there are no Shoshone restaurants in the Cleveland area.

Can anyone help me out with what the Shoshone ate so I can attempt their recipe?

Once again, the Cleveland area has no restaurant for my selected civilization, the Shoshone.

We do have a recipe for Shoshone Fry Bread.

Ingredients:
-3 Cups all-purpose wheat flour
-1 1/4 Teaspoons baking powder
-Vegetable oil for frying
-1 1/3 Cups Warm Water
-1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
Add water and knead until soft but not sticky.
Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
(During this time you may also prepare any toppings to go over the bread, such as taco meat/cheese/lettuce/salsa/black beans/tomato/sour cream)
2. Divide dough into equal quarters.
Roll each quarter into a ball, then stretch and pat into flat circles about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Heat oil for 5 minutes in a frying pan on medium heat.
4. Cook each portion of dough in the frying pan for about 2 minutes per side (note that more or less time may be necessary to achieve each side as golden brown without burning)
5. Remove from pan and drain on a wire rack and paper towels.
6. Keep completed bread in oven at 200 degrees to keep warm.
7. Add taco ingredients or other desired toppings and serve warm.

Top Bottom