Caveman 2 Cosmos

For bugs/crashes or abnormalities, pls use that thread (below), thx.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=532170

thx

Only if using the SVN. Use the one for download version if you are reporting bugs and problems there. This should make it easier for people using the download version to find out if problems they have have been mentioned and if a work around or patch is available.

Is the 50 Civ .dll or the 35 Civ .dll the default now going forward?

The 50 civ dll is still the default.

Two problems I'm having with V35. One of them is probably a bug that needs to be reported but since I'm posting here already I'll just ask it here too.

First, V33 had a nice installer that put a very nice Desktop shortcut that allowed me to select some settings. The best thing about the shortcut is it let me load directly into C2C without having to load BTS first and then load the mod after. Fall from heaven has a nice desktop shortcut too. The installer and ability to use the shortcut seems to have been removed from v35. Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to get it back? I see the icons are sitting useless in the folder when they should be on my desktop for a shortcut!

Saw that nobody replied to this question yet.
Here is, in my opinion, the best way to set up not only a shortcut but a specific c2c ini file so that it won't mess up other BTS games/mods:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11371474&postcount=4682

Saw that nobody replied to this question yet.
Here is, in my opinion, the best way to set up not only a shortcut but a specific c2c ini file so that it won't mess up other BTS games/mods:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11371474&postcount=4682

Thanks, it is actually a little hard to understand. I could probably eventually get it figured out. I don't see how the make the shortcut but could probably get it figured out. I think the real right way to handle this is to add the installer back into the game. It was great for v33. I don't understand why it was removed from v35. I'll just post it on ideas or something and hope that the installer gets added back in v36. I've come to find that v35 is not one of the core versions anyway as v33 was. I see a lot of improvements but there seems to be a lot of things that aren't implemented correctly yet. Even though it has been over 6 months since v34 (a downgrade from v33 IMO, I deleted 34 and went back to 33), I think v35 was a bit rushed and wasn't quite ready for release. It does give a good chance for some playtesting though, more ideas to come forward, and look forward to the release of v36!

Make a copy of your existing vanilla BTS shortcut.
Right click new shortcut and reame it.
Right click it again and select properties.
Find/select the change icon option. Then in the select new icon pop up browse to the c2c folder and you should be able to find the c2c icon artwork.

Or

Go to the c2c folder and find the c2c shortcut. Copy it to your desktop.

Either method will give you desktop shortcut that will launch c2c directly.

Next follow instructions in the link. You will need to right click and select properties on the shortcut to make the change to include the new civ4c2c.ini you make in an earlier step.

You can also add mod=\Caveman2Cosmos to the launch options of your Beyond the Sword installation on Steam.

Hello,

I have just downloaded a new version of C2C. I cannot find option "New random seed when reload" in custom game options. Where is it? Can anyone help me?

Hello,

I have just downloaded a new version of C2C. I cannot find option "New random seed when reload" in custom game options. Where is it? Can anyone help me?

It is permanently disabled because it disallows debugging of errors.

It causes some other issues as well. I ran into it a long time ago.

I know this isn't a bug... but it is an 'issue' that has been around a very long time:
The early fire events/thresholds should be adjusted. I've just built 4 smokehouses in the same city over a period of 50 to 60 turns.

Ok I checked art xml files which I updated yesterday and all Module Units xml data are in ModuleName_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml files.
Core CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml file direct to them for each civilization set.

Its correct?

Ok I checked art xml files which I updated yesterday and all Module Units xml data are in ModuleName_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml files.
Core CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml file direct to them for each civilization set.

Its correct?

@ DH now if i take out the ALT timelines in "my" games, will the artstyles be affected there since they are listed in the core artstyle, instead of the modules area??

I've been trying to play this mod and been really enjoying it, however I'm having a lot of issues with speed and was wondering if that was normal for everyone. Currently I'm at around 5000 BC on a standard map with about 10 civs at eon speed. Every time I end my turn it takes about 30+ seconds until my next turn and is rapidly taking longer and longer. Is there any way to speed this up and is this a normal amount to have to wait between turns?

I've been trying to play this mod and been really enjoying it, however I'm having a lot of issues with speed and was wondering if that was normal for everyone. Currently I'm at around 5000 BC on a standard map with about 10 civs at eon speed. Every time I end my turn it takes about 30+ seconds until my next turn and is rapidly taking longer and longer. Is there any way to speed this up and is this a normal amount to have to wait between turns?

I think you should play with less civs. I'm playing a larger than gigantic map with 4 others and the turn time is quite constant. It also depends on your computer (mainly processor + ram + HDD i think).

There's a lot to the mod and it will be a bit slower as a result. However, a magic fix really does exist in playing a multiplayer game as a single player (use the Direct IP setup and establish all other players aside from yourself as AI players.) This will have you playing your turn simultaneously so enemy units can sometimes move unexpectedly during your turn but it will speed things up considerably.

@TB

Is it possible to make simultaneous turns as a game option so everybody can use it easily?

Top Bottom