Warlords Diplo Bug?

Jivilov

Prince
Greetings folks. In the last game as Washington on Emperor got boxed in by mountains on a peninsula and fell behind. Bee-lined Mass Media and built the UN. Got elected SG and called the diplo victory vote. Alex, Louis and Mehmed abstained while Qin and Cyrus voted for me on first ballot; Mansa voted for himself. This pattern continued for maybe 8 or 10 subsequent rounds of voting.

Then, the abstainers suddenly switched and voted for me. That gave me 844 out of 1070, more than enough for the 60% required. Yet the game continued as though nothing had happened. Again another series of balloting occurred, with the abstainers reverting to form. Then, after another 8 or 10 ballots the same thing happened: the abstainers switched and voted for me. Again the game continued, and a few turns later Qin won the Space Race.

So is this a bug or something? I've won a diplo before on Emperor, when abstainers switched after several rounds and supported me. Don't have any mods--not digitally savvy enough to risk installation-- so maybe that's the problem, I dunno. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Did you have enough votes of your own to win a diplo victory without anyone else voting for you? If you have enough to win the vote on with no one else voting for you, the diplo victory is disabled no matter how many of the others vote for you.

Did you have enough votes of your own to win a diplo victory without anyone else voting for you? If you have enough to win the vote on with no one else voting for you, the diplo victory is disabled no matter how many of the others vote for you.

That's an interesting scenario. I'm assuming you would need Domination unchecked for this to ever happen in-game.

Perhaps you've mistaken the periodically repeated SG elections for victory votes.

Thanks folks, appreciate your replies.

@s.bernbaum: No, only had 127 of my own so was totally dependent on the others. Likewise in my diplo win in the earlier game.

@flrpo: No, I was elected SG, thus allowing me to call for the diplo victory election.

That's an interesting scenario. I'm assuming you would need Domination unchecked for this to ever happen in-game.

No. Diplo votes depend solely on population. Domination depends on both population and territory. You can have more than enough votes to control the elections without having anywhere near enough territory for a domination victory by having very large cities. If you are a war monger, that is unlikely to happen but us peace mongers have it happen quite often.

Top Bottom