"media culture" vs "dictatorship of the proletariat"

Cerzi

Chieftain
Can anyone help me understand why you'd ever want to go for dictatorship of the proletariat (order, +34% tourism to civs that have less happy) over media culture (freedom, +34% tourism in cities with a broadcast tower)? Seems to me that the only time you'd potentially prefer dictatorship is when you have tourism coming from a large number of cities, and would rather not build broadcast towers in every single one. But then you're talking a wide empire, and chances are you're much tighter on happiness and therefore unlikely to be happier than many other civs...

The Proletariat one sounds kind of vicious to me, sort of like kicking them when they are down. If you are Dominating their culture already and they are of a different Ideology, then they are experiencing unhappiness. With Proletariat kicking in, it just drives them further down.

Combine Proletariat with Cultural Revolution, and you are having your cake and eating it too. One affects your Order-mates while the other affects civs suffering from your ideological pressure. And then, if one switches to your ideology, you keep the Tourism pressure on them with Cultural Revolution.

Because order also has 34% influence increase to other order civs . Add that with dictatorship and it's incredibly powerful for culture wins

Order does seem to be the most passive Cultural Ideology. Freedom is focused on generating GP, and therefore by extension Musicians and Concert Tours to win. Autocracy... well, stomps on your competition. Order, though, plays the Ideological War Game.

Top Bottom