Ghandi sent his archaeologists info my lands...

Archaeologists do require open borders to steal ur artifacts.

Dow India if you want to keep artifacts that badly.

And today i brought several Archaeologists with my invasion force invading the Celts..

Celts didn't like it at all. They actually sent troops in attempt to kill the troops guarding the Archaeologists digging up their artifacts in middle of war.

On one of the sites, I had a infantry fortifed on indiana jones accompanied by a machine gun,, celts sent a machinegun/infantry to try chase me away from that site. Celts failed cuz they took too much damage in attacking my two units away from the frontlines. They went out of their way to stop me but they failed. I stole a celtic pendant!

Gandhi is sending archaeologists into your lands? Great! Let him dig them all up, then conquer his cities and get back your artefacts. For the hammers he saved you on those guys, you can build an army.

I once had the AI run up and settle a city near an artifact I was digging up. We had open borders, so I still got the artifact, but I got yelled at for stealing their cultural heritage. Revisionist history much? And yes, open borders or units blocking the tiles will definitely keep the AI from grabbing your artifacts.

Actually, can the AI only reprimand you for digging in their land once per turn? I just had this idea that you might move archaeologists on top of a bunch of dig sites in someone else's territory and start them all digging in time to complete on the same turn; you'd get asked not to dig anymore, but only after you'd made off with multiple artifacts.

Actually, can the AI only reprimand you for digging in their land once per turn? I just had this idea that you might move archaeologists on top of a bunch of dig sites in someone else's territory and start them all digging in time to complete on the same turn; you'd get asked not to dig anymore, but only after you'd made off with multiple artifacts.

This doesn't work. I tried it. You still get the penalty for "ignoring their plea" for not digging, even if you dug out all artefacts on the same turn.

I once had the AI run up and settle a city near an artifact I was digging up. We had open borders, so I still got the artifact, but I got yelled at for stealing their cultural heritage. Revisionist history much? And yes, open borders or units blocking the tiles will definitely keep the AI from grabbing your artifacts.

Funny. They`ve actually been issues like this in real life over ancient remains found close to two borders. Nations can be so blinkered, not realising that we ALL come from the same beginning originally, so it`s all our heritage though I digress.

This doesn't work. I tried it. You still get the penalty for "ignoring their plea" for not digging, even if you dug out all artefacts on the same turn.
Dammit, I just loved the idea of telling someone, "I promise not to steal any more than the five srtifacts I just plundered. We cool
Funny. They`ve actually been issues like this in real life over ancient remains found close to two borders. Nations can be so blinkered, not realising that we ALL come from the same beginning originally, so it`s all our heritage though I digress.
This is as good an argument as any for snorting ground-up Egyptian monarchs, I suppose.

Top Bottom