Why do Fighters cost as much as Bombers?

Fighters give you sight. What is your bomber going to do with no view into enemy territory?

I usually keep 2 fighters for 1 bomber, I'm not sure why folks would feel they aren't equally useful.
That sight is very limited when compared to a genuine recon ability. Particularly if you are pushing into enemy turf, that sight isn't much help. I don't have a clue why they took away recon ability from fighters....

I only build fighters if the AI has bombers or their own fighters. And even then I don't go by your 2:1 ratio. It's more like 1:5 for me.

Bombers are super-weak against embarked units (despite incorrectly promising to do a lot of damage each time). Fighters tear up embarked units and are versatile so you can switch three into attack one turn just to finish off a particular unit, etc.
True! And what is really infuriating for me is that when you mouse over an embarked unit before a bomber attack, it shows the odds that you are going to seriously damage/destroy it. But then you execute the attack, and it barely hurts it. I don't know if it's bad programming or if the devs were purposely trolling us with misleading combat statistic previews.:(

Obviously bombers are good too. But I the things they are good at can also be accomplished by battleships and artillery.

Not really. They can hit things without having to move across the map 2 hexes at a time like artillery. And BB's can only hit within 2-3 hexes of the coast.

Top Bottom