G&K video preview with Dennis Shirk and Ed Beach

Not a lot of new info, but it's nice to see some of the new units in action.

The only new thing I spotted was that you can get Faith from Ruins - not sure if that's been seen elsewhere yet.

Battering ram gets 300% attack bonus vs cities.

Mountains appear to not have movement penalty for Carthage's units

Also it's confirmed that Cristo Redentor does NOT provide faith (some speculation arose about that).

Edit: And Ed mentioned Tulips, but didn't say they were in the game.

It will be a little strange if crossing the hills will cost 2 movement points and crossing the mountains will cost just 1.

Hmmm... it seems that Ruins will sometimes give you free faith the same way they currently provide you with free culture or free money.

Battering ram gets 300% attack bonus vs cities.

It seemed to me that the UUs for Carthage could cross without issue, but the GG still could only get on the mountain, and not cross it. Was that because the UUs were in the way? Or did the GG not have enough movement points?

It will be a little strange if crossing the hills will cost 2 movement points and crossing the mountains will cost just 1.

Let's not get into that arguement again, it makes perfect sense, it is to balance out the fact that landing a unit on a mountain takes away HALF of your unit's health.

Who else would waste 50 HP if you're going to ALWAYS end up on a mountain? Nobody would've use the Mountains if the cost would be 2 since 95% of units would actually end up always on a mountain.

I like how the video only talks about 2 thirds of the new cisv, nothing was mentoined of Swedes, Byzantines and Mayans.

Another thing - can we assume that Experience earned via Naval warfare contributes to Admiral and Experience earned via Land warfare contribues to General? When Madrid (i believe) was conquered you could see an Admiral being born.

Also, I think it would've been automatically assumed that Ruins will provide Faith.. but what shocked me the most was the amount of faith.. SIXTY if my eyes are misleading me!

It seemed to me that the UUs for Carthage could cross without issue, but the GG still could only get on the mountain, and not cross it. Was that because the UUs were in the way? Or did the GG not have enough movement points?

Before the GG was moved, the range of movement was shown (the blue circles on available hexes). It wasn't moved to the extent of it's abilities - who knows why.

@ 4:29, Currency seems to have another building besides mint and market... though it might be something that already exists in Vanilla.

Most of us were in agreement that getting Faith from ruins was likely. But, yeah. 60 Faith is a lot when you only need 10 to get (the first) Pantheon and 200 to get a Great Prophet. One Faith-ruin and you are better than 25% of the way there.

well we now know for sure the Hussar is a unique Calvary unit. It also has 34 strength which is significantly higher then what the cavalry has now.

The horse archer has 4 movement and a ranged strength of 10. Making it weaker then the camel archer, but stronger then the keshik.

Pictish warrior has 11 strength.

sea beggar has 6 movement and 25 combat strength. It may have some other bonus to how fast it gets promotions, because the one in the video had a lot of promotions. It may have a bonus versus cities if one of the promotions it had wasn't a bonus versus cities.

That's what I caught but i might have missed some stuff.

I've also remember in the beginning before DenEd began talking that I saw Ethiophian unit that was either naval or embarked with the Skull and Crossed Bones icons.

They didn't really talk about or show any screens of the Espionage mechanic, either. Hopefully this indicates we'll get another preview?

Or that it is just an after thought thrown in there to fill the expansion out a little.

Top Bottom