Easiest Settings for Deity Win

MaximusK

Warlord
I want this achievement.

I just got immortal on tiny great plains w/ mongols.

What would be the easiest settings, map/size/civ/victory type, for a deity win?

I got mine on duel/pangaea is probably the easiest

Babylon. Domination. I think i played against China

East vs west. Two civs on either side. Teams start together and you team up with an AI. Leave the other two in separate teams. They'll fight on the other continent while you and your deity partner cruise to victory.

If all you want is really the achievement, just play the Korea scenario - cruise control to Deity win. There's a reason there's an achievement for losing that scenario :p.

Or the 1066 scenario playing as either Viking civ. In that case it's not an auto-win so it won't feel so cheap, but you're still at a strong advantage.

Future start duel...it'll be over very quick.

if played on tiny islands 3 to 7 turns. Or playing without CS: just build UN and vote - in this case a huge map makes it impossible to get attacked!!!

The first time I won on Diety, just for the achievement, I played on Huge and assigned all the AIs except one to my team. Counts as a win when the one AI gets beat down. Be wary though, when I tried it always spawned me near the one enemy in the game

Future start, max turns = 5.
Settle your 3 cities before turn 5 and win on points. AI usually needs longer time to set up cities from the 3 settlers you get.

Easiest victory is simple -

Duel Map. Choose any civ except Enrico Dandolo. Set for quick. I like using archipelagos because it's easy to move cruise missiles and nukes around.

Turn off barbarians. Set city states to 0. Choose Information age. Turn off ALL victory types except DOMINATION. Do not set for complete kill.

You will start with 3 settlers. Because Enrico will have no city states to buy and cannot form new cities, you only need to wipe out his main city. If he starts near uranium, simply restart a new game.

Find the uranium deposits and build your cities next to them. Research satellites first to reveal the whole map (makes this part easy). Put all your policies into Rationality for the Free Tech when you get the next policy. With your free tech - take the one that gives you nuclear missiles and guided missiles. You will need ~4-5 nukes. Also, you will want ~3 missile cruisers, about 4-5 guided missiles, and 2 or 3 Xcom dudes.

Build up the above weapons then position yourself around Venice. Stay far enough back not to nuke your troops. Nuke Venice with all 4-5 nukes. This will take Venice to almost no defense and wipe out his troops. Move the missile cruisers (with guided missiles on board) and Xcom units next to the city.

On the next move, he will renew about 33% of his strength, build an artillery and a ship. Hit him with the missile cruisers and then the guided missiles. You Xcom dudes will then take the city and boom - Flawless Strategy. This was so easy it was boring.

The cheezist way:

Play on Duel Pangaea as the Huns.

And yes, this is time consuming but it's really difficult to actually lose the Korean scenario as Korea (no fair hitting the "resign" button for an achievement)

For a more long term, that would be play as either Babylon or Korea, these have the best two science UAs in the game in which Science is King.

Does it have to be domination? I think domination will be one of the hardest to achieve. I almost won Deity playing India. I think I only had 4 cities or so (India has an advantage for having few but large cities). It went rather well, I kept up with the AIs and defended against their occasional DoWs, got enough City State allies (+ world religion and ideology) to win diplomatic victory, but China sent their spaceship just ~5 turns before the next World Leader election that I have enough votes for :(

It was a Continents map, standard size. Continents is nice because you only have 3 neighbors in the same continent (easier to defend) and it's easy to get a city on the coast, so that you can build sea trade routes and accumulate enough gold for all the CS. I also got lucky because 2 of my neighbors didn't found a religion so I converted them and got a lot of $$ from Tithe

If a civilization has good rough terrain that helps its defense then it could stand a chance and protect itself.

You probably can and its worth a retry if all else fails.

yeah, all it takes a couple of restarts, maybe

if people didn't catch on:

1. Run your Warrior towards the AI cap
2. Hit an upgrade ruin, Warrior becomes Ram
3. Ram takes out the AI cap

yeah, all it takes a couple of restarts, maybe

if people didn't catch on:

1. Run your Warrior towards the AI cap
2. Hit an upgrade ruin, Warrior becomes Ram
3. Ram takes out the AI cap
Yeah and if still doesnt work, retry and start again.

Top Bottom