Renewing luxury deals leave you with none?

It's happened to me several times. The AI wants to renew a deal or get some luxury from me. I check that I've got more than 1 left and 'okay' the deal. When it's my turn I've lost 4 happy faces and notice I've just traded my last luxury of that kind. Most of the time it doesn't happen, but it has occurred a few times. A friend playing BNW mentioned the same thing. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

No, it is a known bug. It's best to just say no, and wait for your turn to make sure that you will have at least copy left after trading.

click on your luxury resource in the trade menu to remove the option and then check how many that you have. If you have 2 or more, then put it back.

This has been in the game since Vanilla CD release.

Okay, thanks. Haven't played it enough to notice.

click on your luxury resource in the trade menu to remove the option and then check how many that you have. If you have 2 or more, then put it back.

I would amend this to "3 or more."

This has been in the game since Vanilla CD release.

Really? I thought the problem arose when they added the "automatically renew deal" mechanic to the game. Originally, when you traded a Lux to Civ A for 30 turns, after the 30 turns were up, the deal would just end. But now after the 30 turns are up, Civ A comes back with the original deal and asked to renew it (or slightly alter it if their attitude toward you has since changed).

The problem arises when, after the 30 turns are up, Civ B wants to trade for that Lux which is now available and you agree to it. Then Civ A wants to renew the original deal and you agree to it. For some reason, if you remove the Lux from the deal to see how many you have, it'll still show 2 even though you just traded one to Civ B and actually have 1 left (maybe the UI doesn't update until your turn or something). So when you renew the deal, you inadvertently wind up trading away the last one. As has already been said, it's better to decline the AI's offer and make the deal on your turn when the numbers are all legitimate.

No, it is a known bug. It's best to just say no, and wait for your turn to make sure that you will have at least copy left after trading.

What sucks is that AIs will trade with other AIs, so if you decline the offer another AI will probably snatch it up before your turn starts.

I thought this only happened because a turn-sequence issue, which means that if you have an old deal with civ A that expires, but civ B has turn before civ A, then civ B will see that you now have a free resource and ask for a trade, and if you comply, then civ A will still come ask you to renew the deal, and if you comply to that also, you will have traded the same resource twice on that turn, leaving you potentially with 0 left.

I thought this only happened because a turn-sequence issue, which means that if you have an old deal with civ A that expires, but civ B has turn before civ A, then civ B will see that you now have a free resource and ask for a trade, and if you comply, then civ A will still come ask you to renew the deal, and if you comply to that also, you will have traded the same resource twice on that turn, leaving you potentially with 0 left.

Yeah, that's how I understand it (see the last paragraph of post #6), unless we're both wrong :(

Top Bottom