Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear

Here's an example right here, no body is going to go in there and point out it's just his opinion.

Well, I think that would be pointless, since "are video games art?" is a much-debated question, with the answer generally being, "if it's not art, what is art?"

Either way, imputing bad motives to people you disagree with as the only possible explanation for their actions is always a shaky path to be on.

If you must know, the character I was most sexually attracted to was Zevran. Followed closely by Viconia. Maybe I am a terrible person. I am sexually attracted to an assassin and a man hating fundamentalist. And that's to say nothing of my attraction to computer sprites.

Well, I'm functionally asexual, but I'd happily date Mass Effect's Liara any time. Samantha Traynor is pretty dishy too. Maybe I'm just attracted to lesbian characters. :shifty: :lol:

I didn't plan to buy the exp but am on the edge of doing it because of this ridiculous "controversy" to spite these ridiculous accursations.

I can't remember the last time YouTube comments ever had any value whatsoever.

Perhaps the first comment ever posted during YT beta test.

I can't remember the last time YouTube comments ever had any value whatsoever.

Perhaps the first comment ever posted during YT beta test.
It seems like comments on obscure music are usually from people who like it. I got positive replies to a couple of things I posted, but they were uncontroversial and had a pretty narrow audience. But yeah, I don't begrudge anyone who closes the comments sections.

Reading a bit more on this (particularly this post on TaleWorlds since most gaming subreddits just remove anything GG related because it brings too much toxicity even if it's a perfectly legit and fair point being made), besides the stink around the self-proclaimed SJWness of one of the writers, Amber Scott, the game seems to have plenty of good reasons for it to be given a low score and criticized. As expected, most of the writing and many decisions made in the game's design are very much fanfic level, it's buggy, and not that well balanced in many places.

The graphical changes also just look so incredibly BAD too.

Yeah, I haven't seen much to make me think this is genuinely good, but attacking it over a transgender NPC is just sheer idiocy,.

I've only read one review about Siege of Dragonspear and it was pretty harsh. Apparently it's full of plot holes, railroads you after giving you the illusion of choice, completely changes the personalities of some of your party members and is just poorly written.
Sometimes it's better to just leave the classics alone, especially those that have aged as poorly as Baldur's Gate.

Also this Point and Clickbait poke must be posted.

I didn't like Krem either. Not because he was trans, but because it was so ham-fisted. When he said the Qunari treat him like a real man and Iron Bull answered "You are a real man" I literally :rolleyes: and groaned. Maybe I'm the bad guy here, but it was just so cheesy. It didn't help that Iron Bull is one of the worst written characters Bioware ever created and the Qunari attitude to gender appears like a massive retcon. It might not be one, but it seems really at odds with their earlier characterization as a society with a strict caste system and segregated sexes. You can have trans characters in a fantasy game without breaking immersion, but Bioware failed at that.
Dorian was handled far better, except for the after school special about his father.

I think the closest you'll get is player sexual, if you look at bioware "romances" they always half arse it whether it's a man or a woman the character is talking with.

They used to be better and are getting worse with each game. They used to be more subtle and you needed to know the characters to give the "right" answers. Romances in Inquisition are really half assed and the heart icon on the dialogue wheel completely ruins them by showing you exactly what you are supposed to say (and sometimes the dialogue options seem like pickup artist mind tricks). You can't even accidentally flirt any more.

For my sins, I have never played dragon age 2. So I don't actually know what you are talking about. It's on my to do list.

Have you played Awakening ?
It's Anders. I liked him in Awakening, although he was too obviously an Alastair surrogate. In Dragon Age 2 he has really changed for the worse and is one the reasons the game is so reviled.

Have you played Awakening ?
It's Anders. I liked him in Awakening, although he was too obviously an Alastair surrogate. In Dragon Age 2 he has really changed for the worse and is one the reasons the game is so reviled.

Ive only played a bit of awakening. I loved origins, but got bored quite quickly by awakening.

So, now we've established all that, can we pull out of this pointless tailspin about a throwaway NPC? I'd much rather discuss the actual content of the expansion, rather than the writer's attempt at GSRM inclusion.

Not much discussion potential there. The expansion seems, by pretty much all actually-about-the-game accounts, bad.

Moderator Action: A good portion of this thread has been deleted for being greatly off topic. This thread is for discussion of Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear, not for discussions about feminism, transgender rights, or Gamergate. Further discussion of these topics in this thread will be removed and infracted.

I still might get this game some day if it is ever cheap. Not going to pay $20 for it.

I just loathe what they did artistically though. The character models look more cartoonish than the original, and not as realistic. It's kind of strange they made the game look worse, at least in some aspects. But playing Pillars of Eternity has put me in the mood for this type of game, so I'm tempted to check out the enhanced editions first, and maybe check out Siege of Dragonspear.

Top Bottom