Help with Multiplayer... PLEASE

bringitonwimps

Chieftain
so me and some buddies played the hack out of this game with the religion and revolution mod, which we absolutely love. Well recently we just turned a few friends on to it and we want to play a multiplayer game with the mod. Steam version seams to no allow anyone to see servers if they are modded... if this is not the case someone let me know what im doing wrong.

Secondly if we direct ip by turning game back to original release... player 2 can connect to player 1.... and even load and play the game. Player 3 tried to join and he connects to host, then sits and tries to connect to player 2.

We have gathered from what we can find that it has to do with the gamespy servers being gone. Soooo.. My question is HOW do we make a clone gamespy server like players have done with basic civ 4 and ive seen it for battlefront 2. We have ability to host our own but dont know how to set it up.

Hopefully there is still someone out there that cares enough about this game to help...:)

Steam version seams to no allow anyone to see servers if they are modded..
Hello bringitonwimps,
I don't exactly with steam version but I can tell when you can't play to the same mod without steam. It happends to me a lot of time when one of the player don't exactly the same file in the mod folder. (Files removed or added, DLL with a different time of modification).
I don't know if it will solve your first issue but it is may be a clue.

Secondly if we direct ip by turning game back to original release... player 2 can connect to player 1.... and even load and play the game. Player 3 tried to join and he connects to host, then sits and tries to connect to player 2.
Have you try to do same thing in lan games? Because, if it works. You can use LogMeIn Hamashi that will simulate a lan game even if your friends are not closed to you.
LogMeIn Hamachi is a hosted VPN service that lets you securely extend LAN-like networks to distributed teams, mobile workers and your gamer friends alike.
https://www.vpn.net/

I hope it will help you.

Language games don't show any rooms created.. even with hamanchi... when I load a mod in steam version then we can't see any games at all in the lobby on steam.

Hello bringitonwimps,

I have worked on this issue today, after some research I have found this application that allow us to do LAN games.
I have tested it with 3 players and it works like a charm.

THis application is Evolve Download here.
Every player needs an account.
For a step by step documentation, see this

If you are in Windows 10, you will have an issue to create or join games, so you can apply this fix (it works because I had to do it to make it work on my computer)

The MP mod is not Direct IP but LAN games.
And if you face some issues to use it, feel free to ask me.

Have good MP games with your friends. ;)
(I hope with my mod DoaNE :D)

Top Bottom