No religions get founded

hjay

Chieftain
I have played AND 2 extensively and was thrilled to see that the mod had been resurrected. I downloaded and everything works great except no religions get founded. It doesn't matter who researches the appropriate techs first ... nothing happens. It is not a question of civics or anything like that.

I downloaded the second option (not the SVN tortoise thing) and had the old ROM AND game installed and fully patched.

I realize that I can't be the first one to have that problem but I can't find anything on the forum.

Finally I would like to thank the modders for their great work!

I have played AND 2 extensively and was thrilled to see that the mod had been resurrected. I downloaded and everything works great except no religions get founded. It doesn't matter who researches the appropriate techs first ... nothing happens. It is not a question of civics or anything like that.

I downloaded the second option (not the SVN tortoise thing) and had the old ROM AND game installed and fully patched.

I realize that I can't be the first one to have that problem but I can't find anything on the forum.

Finally I would like to thank the modders for their great work!

It's a know problem, probably caused by the fact that you were playing with another mod before, possibly an older version of AND or maybe C2C. Clear your cache and restart the game and it will work.

I have the same issue with no religions being founded in RAND2

I have cleared the cache and restarted the computer, but it does not fix the problem.

I have the same issue with no religions being founded in RAND2

I have cleared the cache and restarted the computer, but it does not fix the problem.

Strange, they work perfectly with me. Revision number please, you can find it hovering your mouse over the flag near the minimap.

I can't see anything quoting 'revision number', but I get the following information:

RoM AND 2.0 Beta 5
AND build 653 (game saved from 653)
RoM v 2.92
Rev DCM v2.80 pre-release
Better BTS AI v1.01b
Unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

I can't see anything quoting 'revision number', but I get the following information:

RoM AND 2.0 Beta 5
AND build 653 (game saved from 653)
RoM v 2.92
Rev DCM v2.80 pre-release
Better BTS AI v1.01b
Unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

That's revision 653. And it's working, please upload a savegame so that I can check your game.

Not a bug in itself, there's some kind of incompatibility issue with some older revision of AND or possibly C2C (I'm 100% sure you were using one of those before). As you can see in your game settings, it looks like Divine Prophets has been accidentally activated. It shouldn't. That option is deactivated and hidden and can be activated only by accident if you were playing some previous game were DP was present. I fear there's nothing to do for you current game. Just clear the cache and try restarting a new one; make you you don't see Divine Prophets option one you start the game (it shouldn't be visible nor clickable).

Edit: this means that problably religions will work in your game anyway: you simply need a Great Prophet to found a religion. This option was disabled in AND because I don't like it as it takes too much to found a religion, but the code is there and should work; it's not meant to be used, but I think it's working.

I started playing AND2.1 Final rev661 on a clean install and I have been struggling with the on and off appearance of the so called Divine Prophet phenomenon as well. After some testing I am pretty sure Divine Prophet is triggered by checking the Minimizing AI Turn Time option in BUG mode options. This appears to work without clearing the cache on a saved game. On 3 Monarchy games only one religion was founded by year 3000BC with the AI Turn Time on but a typical three were founded after reloading the original saved game with it off.

The only reason I am playing Civ4 again is because of the Minimizing AI Turn. I guess the change in game mechanics is alright since religion was spreading so fast in AND2.1 that Atheist is pretty much too painful to use. With Divine Prophet this could slow it down significantly.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Edit: Never mind, another saved game turned out differently using AI Turn as control..

I started playing AND2.1 Final rev661 on a clean install and I have been struggling with the on and off appearance of the so called Divine Prophet phenomenon as well. After some testing I am pretty sure Divine Prophet is triggered by checking the Minimizing AI Turn Time option in BUG mode options. This appears to work without clearing the cache on a saved game. On 3 Monarchy games only one religion was founded by year 3000BC with the AI Turn Time on but a typical three were founded after reloading the original saved game with it off.

The only reason I am playing Civ4 again is because of the Minimizing AI Turn. I guess the change in game mechanics is alright since religion was spreading so fast in AND2.1 that Atheist is pretty much too painful to use. With Divine Prophet this could slow it down significantly.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Edit: Never mind, another saved game turned out differently using AI Turn as control..

It doesn't depend on BUG options: it depends on the options you choose when the game starts, either in AND or in another mod. Divine Prophets it's an hidden (and disabled) option, something liken #40 or #50 in the list when you start the game. If that option is checked and you've played a game where DP was turned on, even if that option isn't displayed as DP but as something else when you start the game, the code reads it as DP, hence the bug. I'll find a way to fix it but it's not on the priority list. Thank you.

After a few more days struggling with this sadly I am giving up. At least on my PC this is not due to mod conflict since I have cleanly reinstall Civ4 and AND2.1 three times. Too many times after clearing cache I started a quick game to make sure that religions can be founded normally but somehow when I started a custom game Divine Prophet is active. This seems to me that one of the options I ticked off in the custom game screen is flagging it but I was not able to isolate the trigger in my tests. Unfortunately Great Prophet cannot found religion at will when Divine Prophet is active in AND2.1 when I tested using World Builder and the option is not available. Religion can be founded if Great Prophet is used to first discover a religious tech but not if the tech has already been discovered.

This is too bad because in the rare occasion it works on my system the game really flies vs. 1.75c where the wait in mid-to-late eras took just too long on my system. However, the time saved is spent on cache clearing and still does not guarantee a successful game.

Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to playing the next milestone build.

I really can't understand. A possible solution for those having this kind of problem would be for me to make Divine Prophets option visible so that everyone has the option to enable and disable it. I'll think about it.

I have no problem with religion!

And the majority of AND 2.1 players don't either, else this thread would be flooded with comments. I've had no problems either and I've not seen DP in the Options for game set up either.

JosEPh

I had to clear cache for the religions to get founded. I had the same issue.

I haven't seen this problem either, and I've autoplayed a couple dozen games specifically watching for religions to get founded. I am occasionally loading C2C for the massive multiplayer game, but I haven't run into the no-religions issue at all.

Top Bottom