No religions get founded

I've been played several games with the latest version and have not had any problems with religions. I'm really sorry.

I encountered the "no religion founded" issue with the very latest SVN build 677 even after deleting cache. I was able to fix it by:

1. Editing Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml - change in GAMEOPTION_DIVINE_PROPHETS the value of bVisible to 1.

2. When starting new custom game, make sure option "Divine Prophets" is disabled.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13078653 said:
Divine Prophets is hidden because it doesn't work perfectly AFAIK and for balancing reasons.

BTW. Does it work at all? Once I turned it on in the xml to try it but nothing happened :dunno:
Anyone succes with it?

Divine Prophets in C2C has been updated by ThunderBrd. It supposedly works fine now. It probably "could" be imported into AND. But that is 45*'s area and I have No idea how hard it might be. Or if it's compatible with AND's structure (should be).

For me as a player, it's okay for the occasional change of pace. But it's not my preferred way of founding Religions in BtS. It's had too many quirks in it's history and progression as a Modmod.

Just like REV, if it was under my control/say so REV would be a separate Modmod for AND. But unfortunately I couldn't get/persuade Afforess or Zappara (back in the early RoM days) to keep it that way. But I did manage to persuade both to keep it as an Option. I know many of you players Love REV. I just do Not share your Love for it. (Must get off soapbox now) :p

JosEPh ;)

Divine Prophets it's an hidden option, disabled by default. Never becomes active on my list of choices in my games.

You can change it in the xml.
I tried with that, but wit no succes.

You can change it in the xml.
I tried with that, but wit no succes.

Hidden options, especially if disabled, are hidden for a reason. Same goes for Elections option, or Dark Ages, for example. Those options rely on pieces of dll code which aren't complete and hence could cause crashes, not work at all for various reasons (because AI doesn't know how to handle them or because other pieces of code are missing).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13082143 said:
Hidden options, especially if disabled, are hidden for a reason. Same goes for Elections option, or Dark Ages, for example. Those options rely on pieces of dll code which aren't complete and hence could cause crashes, not work at all for various reasons (because AI doesn't know how to handle them or because other pieces of code are missing).

I see. I always wondered if it weren't safer to remove those from the game options?

I see. I always wondered if it weren't safer to remove those from the game options?

No, it isn't; because those options are tied to some files inside the dll and they must be left in the exact order or you will have troubles. So it's easier to hide and disable them than simply removing them, because I'd have to remove a lot of code from the dll also to make things work; and since source files inside the dll are tightly connected, there's a risk that you screw up everything if you don't pay extreme attention. So I think it's just easier and safer the way it is now. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13082200 said:
No, it isn't; because those options are tied to some files inside the dll and they must be left in the exact order or you will have troubles. So it's easier to hide and disable them than simply removing them, because I'd have to remove a lot of code from the dll also to make things work; and since source files inside the dll are tightly connected, there's a risk that you screw up everything if you don't pay extreme attention. So I think it's just easier and safer the way it is now. :)

I see. I didn't know that. THX

I've only used Rev in the last 2 games I played - from what little I can tell, it works just fine although it seems that it needs more tweaking.

Oh it definitely needs that. I've played with REV when it was originally put out, even got into arguments with phungus (one of the REV Team) over some of it's attributes. But in the long run REV will literally destroy your stronger opponents. The player learns to cope with REV's mechanisms but the AI not so much. C2C has made some significant revisions to the REV model in it's versions. But AND is still using (fro the Most part) the standard REV. 45*38'N can correct me if this has been changed with the addition of components from the C2C Dll merge.

JosEPh

But in the long run REV will literally destroy your stronger opponents. The player learns to cope with REV's mechanisms but the AI not so much.
I noticed my neighbours were often wracked with rebellions and upheaval - of course, I certainly did my part to help that along, by sending spies on missions to spread unhappiness and siding with rebels whenever possible.

Would love to read what C2C changed to Revolution.

Nothing has been changed lately in C2C regarding revolutions. But every change in the game core has already been imported. What's different is balancing, but that's only a matter of xml tweaking. And for large-noble-blitz games, revolutions work pretty well and I've never seen AI being crushed by revolutions. Other gamespeeds and mapsizes or difficulty level are another matter, but they WILL be addressed. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13084034 said:
Nothing has been changed lately in C2C regarding revolutions. But every change in the game core has already been imported. What's different is balancing, but that's only a matter of xml tweaking. And for large-noble-blitz games, revolutions work pretty well and I've never seen AI being crushed by revolutions. Other gamespeeds and mapsizes or difficulty level are another matter, but they WILL be addressed. :)

To my experiences on (huge/giant)-(marathon/snail)-(noble&higher) the game was quite okay for me.
...until sending in the spies :devil:
That way I could ruin an empire 2or3times bigger than mine. Once it was so succesful that the whole Khmer empire was replaced with the Siamese :lol:

The game I was currently playing (Prince / Huge / Normal) Alexander was the big guy, constantly up-to-date in techs (Sometimes even ahead of me before I got Fascism and started mass-pooling Espionage for tech 'borrowing') and matching me in power. Right now he's 0.9 compared to me and he STILL says "I'm too strong" when asking about a Permanent Alliance :mad:

Anyway. He and I are getting tons of revolutions - almost always Barbarian ones and pretty much in the same cities, and we crush them in seconds. I even sent Alex into a 17 turn Civ-wide Anarchy and it only stalled his research a bit - he recovered in a matter of turns when he got out!

He was getting tons of Mongol rebels which gave him and Kublai close to -180 each in relations ( :lol: ) the highest I've ever seen, but nobody's been torn up by revolutions yet except for a few break-off civilizations, and their masters end up crushing the rebels themselves. As for Kublai, he's been kicked off the mainland by Alexander, and no one seems to like him :crazyeye:
Roosevelt I had personally evicted from the mainland, and he was reduced to only two cities waaaay south on a few island chains near the tundra. Some turns later, Egypt 'relieved him' of those cities and he left the game. Until a revolution spawned and Egypt relinquished control of them, and America was back! ...And still in the worst place to build an empire :lol:

Gilgamesh lost a few foolishly placed off-island cities he couldn't possibly defend, but otherwise revs have been super-tame in this game for some reason. Very different than my usual experience with them I can say :)

Top Bottom