No religions get founded

Right now he's 0.9 compared to me and he STILL says "I'm too strong" when asking about a Permanent Alliance :mad:
Huh, is that a feature of Revolution? Back when I didn't have it enabled, I had no trouble asking for Permanent Alliance even though mine was the strongest civ.

Huh, is that a feature of Revolution? Back when I didn't have it enabled, I had no trouble asking for Permanent Alliance even though mine was the strongest civ.

No clue. I do know Alexander was - at least in BTS - very very stingy about signing Permanent Alliances and if I recall was almost impossible to get him to sign one under normal circumstances.
It's always been hard for me to get the AI to do anything in AND though. Changing to their own favorite civic, getting technologies (Especially ones I can research in a turn or two. Those are the hardest!) or resources, and signing Permanent Alliances. I always play with that option on, and since I started with AND2.0 I've signed a grand total of THREE alliances. I've had dozens of times when the leaders would be all the way up into the 20's and 30's and even once a leader with 42(!!) positive modifiers and not a single negative.... "We just don't like you enough". Finally got the leader to switch to their fav civic and THEN they were willing to!? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Lately I've just gone back to my warmongering "Kill everything that moves, make no friends" ways since I've gotten more benefit out of that than out of making friends in AND. I just don't get it. I play on Noble most often and yet they're so stubborn when it comes to diplomacy. You're never liked enough to get reasonable trades :sad:

Yes, it has gotten better in recent revisions, but still.

Hmm. I rarely go for permanent alliances, but I do get offered them if I've been propping up the other civ for a long time by gifting them techs and money. A lot of techs and money.

It's a permanent thing though so I can see why they'd be picky. I don't think I've ever succeeded allying with random friendly civs.

It sounds like playing Catan:
-What do you want for that 1 wood card? - first one after many turns.
-2 sheep, 2 ore, 3 brick and remove that bandit from my tile :groucho:

However that makes sense (and a lot of fun) since you try bargaining with real persons :)

EDIT: I just see that I posted this reply to the wrong topic. :crazyeye::sad:

I had the same issue. When I installed the mod and started a game, no religions could be founded, despite clearing the cache. The issue was resolved by turning Divine Prophets visible and then unselecting it from the game start menu. After that, religions functioned normally.

I had the same issue. When I installed the mod and started a game, no religions could be founded, despite clearing the cache. The issue was resolved by turning Divine Prophets visible and then unselecting it from the game start menu. After that, religions functioned normally.

But you'll probably have other options messed up. Correct solution is starting a new game after deleting civilization.ini and .bak because gameoptions depend on that file and especially if you moved from an older version, options WILL be different.

For some reason SOME religions get founded automatically - some don't... Anyone else have this issue?

I have started a new game on rev 727 and no religions get founded.Same problem after starting new game on rev 728.

I have started a new game on rev 727 and no religions get founded.Same problem after starting new game on rev 728.

Same answer as always, DELETE YOUR CIVILIZATION.INI and .BAK before moving to a new revision. It's been said hundreds of times and it's written in the first post of download thread.

Edit: and it's written just 2 posts above yours

45°38'N-13°47'E;13254594 said:
Same answer as always, DELETE YOUR CIVILIZATION.INI and .BAK before moving to a new revision. It's been said hundreds of times and it's written in the first post of download thread.

Edit: and it's written just 2 posts above yours

Sorry for my lack of attention.:crazyeye:
These files exist in "My documents" under Win XP?

Top Bottom