3.81 japan atolls

The only reason you should be getting :c5culture: from atolls/isles in CEG is because you have taken the Sacred Isles belief and that should be giving you +2:c5culture:.

I see no other code that changes the yields to atolls.

A little more information might be helpful.

There's been a hidden UA bonus for Japan for some time (since the Leaders patch, I think) that gives +1 :c5culture: on fishing boats and atolls.

I guess this is a good place to ask if the full UA bonuses are actually documented anywhere? For instance Greeks don't get trespassing CS penalties, Sweden gets +1 :c5production: from farms, but none of those effects are in the UA description.

I know some of the UAs aren't fully implemented yet so I figured these things were still to be addressed.

yeah since fall patch i play japan all the time and I get the bonus to fishing boats...culture.

That damn 'Fall Patch', I really wish there were some better documentation.:mad:

Yes, you are of course correct. It is an addition to 'Bushido' or TRAIT_FIGHT_WELL_DAMAGED.

It gives +1:c5culture: to fishing boats and +2:c5culture: to atolls.

According to our code and looking in the database, everything 'should' be working as planned. There is the yield applied for that TRAIT on those areas.

I will run some tests now and investigate further.

EDIT 1:
Ok, I may have missed some change somewhere but as of the latest version, my fishing boats cannot improve an Atoll/Isles. I can't remember correctly, did we once have that ability?
Just how is the missing :c5culture:, as mentioned in the OP, shown?

My tooltips show the atoll/isle giving the correct yield, and this would apply if it is inside my city limits. Also my fishing boats give the extra :c5culture:. But I just don't know how you saw a negative yield.
One thing I have done though is remove the modded text from the Bushido trait. It should now correctly tell us all what the trait now does.

There's no improvement for atolls. I think you must be confusing atolls with sea resources (fish, crab, etc.) They do get +1 food from lighthouses, so a Japanese city with a lighthouse will get 3 food 1 production & 2 culture. Still not shabby.

I love Japan these days. The synchronicity between their UA & dojos & and pantheon beliefs let me routinely out-culture peaceful wonder builders while warmongering myself (4 culture on horses. 4 on isles, etc.)

Well, with so little information to work with I'm not sure what I can do.

@wolverine2112 you don't have other mods enabled?
Could you try deleting your cache and enabling them again, perhaps there is a leftover from a previous version. Doubt it though.

Please give me your logs and I'll see if they show anything.

Im not confusing them..ive been able to put boats in atolls for a long time. ill clear my cashe but ive done that a million times. Ill give you files with just cep active. Honestly my version or civ 5 has been messed up since Gods and Kings. I crash all the time.

On that note is there anyway to do a "clean" reinstall of Civ 5. I tried the Delete local content and reinstalled, but it seemed like my old files were still there.

Top Bottom