Music Question for SO or other Music Modders

Taxman66

King
This is for SO or any other team member who mods the music.

I recently converted from SVN 9016 to 9230 using Joe's patch (which simply consists of replacing the Assets, PrivateMaps, Sources and UserSettings folders).

After doing so, the opening/title music that plays is 'ThePrehistoryChannel.mp3'.

Q1: Is this Intended or is something wrong?

Q2: What can I do to fix it (if unintended) or change it (if intended)?
I'll note that in searching forum there are old instructions on how to change the title music. It states to simply change the contents of the BTS/Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack/Title folder. The contents of that folder contain the Brentalfloss.mp3 (which I want, as the kids know that it means that Daddy wants to be left alone for a couple of hours).

Q3: Additionally if it is not supposed to be playing ThePrehistoryChannel, what else may be wrong/needs fixing?
Again all I did was simply replace the 4 folders mentioned above with those that Joe provided in his dropbox patch.

Thank you for your time.

This is for SO or any other team member who mods the music.

I recently converted from SVN 9016 to 9230 using Joe's patch (which simply consists of replacing the Assets, PrivateMaps, Sources and UserSettings folders).

After doing so, the opening/title music that plays is 'ThePrehistoryChannel.mp3'.

Q1: Is this Intended or is something wrong?

Yes, i did that by mistake, but i dont mind it, as i got tired of that song after 4 years, lol. . .

just change pic 1 to pic 2, that simple . .

Thank you very much for responding.
The most important part is knowing that nothing else is mucked up.

Now I just got to remember all the bug changes I had in my original file. :)

The brentalfloss song is well-made but some of the lyrics are seriously uncool. It sings about people playing civ as revenge for being "nobody important" in Real Life? C'mon!?

I do like the original song (Baba Yetu) it was inspired by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7CbZoyzOm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

No offense to that song but in the first one u have listed there, is horrible, and the "original" i just dont like it, not my kind of music , again this is IMPO .. .

I think the prehistory song we use now is perfect for the opening menu, way better than the tedious brentalfloss song.

If someone could find a piece that kinda evolves from prehistoric theme to futuristic theme, that actually sounds good, then that would probably fit the opening menu better. Though, I doubt that exist.

You could take a page from AND and put multiple tracks from different eras, one after the other. I've got plenty to choose from (indeed, my attempt at adding a vastly greater number of tracks for each seperate era is where The Pre-History Channel track comes from, and it was in fact one of my main inspirations for doing so).

Most importantly, it is now clear how anyone can put whatever they like, be it brentalfloss, baba yetu, or Ren and Stimpy's "Happy happy joy joy".

And no I'm not dating myself, I'm even older. Though not the oldest here.

I can not listen to that song anymore and not have the mental image of Hit Girl on a murder spree.

How about Tears for Fears 'Everyone wants to rule the world'?

I can not listen to that song anymore and not have the mental image of Hit Girl on a murder spree.

How about Tears for Fears 'Everyone wants to rule the world'?

That would be an interesting choice. lol

While we're on that subject, I use an mp3 version of the opening to vanilla Civ IV (not Warlords or BTS) as my default title theme, along with (though even before the music folders broke the title folders rotating feature never worked properly) Baba Yetu, the menu themes for both expansions, the intros to both Call to Power games (mp3ized), Civilization V's menu theme, and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaqSALerpWY.

Top Bottom