The Deity Challenge Line-up #23 - Huns' invasion

T288 Dom V
Utilized the UU Horse archer + battering ram to clear continent, gpt is very bad until meeting the new continent and trading a lot of lux and resources. Science game until carrier/battleship tech and cleared the other continent.
Spoiler :

Liberty 2 city start, aimed at early war asap. No luck with upgrading warrior from ruins, so had to hard build 2 battering ram after about 5 or so HA.

DoW America for worker, never peaced and he eventually sent an army which was beaten back by HA. Meanwhile both Rome and Ethiopia forward settled close to me. Didn't want to DoW to start a 2nd war front. Meanwhile Ethiopia built Great Wall, and need range promotion asap. America killed off on turn 64.

After killing off America, Ethiopia DoW with a surprise army which was destroyed quickly, and by turn 86 his capital fell, and afterwards it was easy as his capital defense bonus combined with his high pop and GW made it very difficult without range 3. He had Stonehenge so I grabbed a crappy 5th religion, but still had :) shrine which was useful. Ethiopia's religion was crap as it had the faith buying before industrial which would be useless so I removed his religion later.

While I was killing his last city, DoW Rome to kill his forward settled expo near Mt Fuji as he seems to be getting a ton of units to attack my capital. Rome itself fell on 112 and continent cleared. Having range logistic HA and the ability to swim helped a ton getting through the narrow isthmus. Rome is nice city with colossus and pyramid.

I've razed a few cities and in some cases founded new cities near them for better positioning. In total I have 10 cities after the dust settles. It wasn't enough as AI still settled 3 poorly placed cities on my continent post industrial era. Meanwhile on the other continent, Assyria dominated and took Delhi and Edinburgh but didn't wipe out either civs. Happiness/gpt was a big issue until trading with new continent.

Took Autocracy ideology with world ideology passed, which flipped Assyria from order and DoF with him for some much needed cash. Teched to Battleship with bombers/fighter support.
Turn 251 DoW on Denmark with some help from Assyria. Next wiped out Celts and Byzantium and after that backstabbed Assyria. I left India alone. Last capital to fall was Delhi which was controlled by Assyria on turn 288. I wiped out every civs other than India. For the inland cities, used the logistics HA that upgraded into tanks.

SP: full liberty into right side honor, rationalism/secularism then Autocracy with 3 exploration mixed in. Finished honor and Clausewitz before starting the final big war.
WC: WF(won), world ideology, world religion, +culture to WW.

Attachments

• 2015-08-28_00001.jpg
    2015-08-28_00001.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 2015-08-28_00002.jpg
    2015-08-28_00002.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom