Where is Babylon

lightspeed99

Chieftain
Hi -

I have recently been playing a lot of Civ V after finally moving up from Civ IV. I see many references to Babylon, especially as a good civ for science victory. But I don't see Babylon as an option when I start a game.

I know the answer is going to be obvious, and I'm almost hesitant to ask such a simple question. Is Babylon supposed to be in G&K? Is it DLC?

Thanks,
Lightspeed

It is in DLC.

I will say that I really enjoy the Babylonian setup, so it was well worth the $5.

Nebuchadnezzar is a tech giant and since everything you do revolves around tech...;)

Yeah budgets can hold someone back when it comes to DLC, though I think it ran with some other stuff on special at one point so surely that will come up again where Steam groups several together...

Don't bother with Babylon if you're on a budget. Korea is better as far as science is concerned 99% of the time -- better units too.

Don't bother with Babylon if you're on a budget. Korea is better as far as science is concerned 99% of the time -- better units too.

I seem to be in the minority who picked up the DLCs mostly for the AI variety rather than to play them. I don't regret it in either of these cases - although in recent encounters Nebuchadnezzar is so reliably my long-term ally that the way diplomacy goes can be overly predictable. Both civs have definite AI character, and if you want a challenge Sejong is one of the strongest AI players.

I find it hard to conceive that Korea is considered better than Babylon when it simply depends on the map/type/game for which one is actually better. (and of course play style):)

Top Bottom