game is still pretty easy to beat...

well i play on prince but does it really makes a difference on combat if i play on king or harder level? i mean judging by how vanilla works the only thing ai was good in harder levels was that they get more gold more production and stuff but they actually didn't get good on combat including naval and on strategy

Dude, if you play on Prince I don't see how you dare to criticize
I don't play Deity, and I also know that the AI is almost not intelligent, I agree Firaxis could maybe code a better AI, but since I cannot beat Deity yet I still have fun, so don't complain yet

Prince was the first AI difficulty for me. It said in the setup page that it is the normal difficulty. I assume that means that everybody you play against, are set up the same as you. As you go up higher in the difficulty level from prince, then it is usually the case where the AI have their unique advantages over you.

well i played on king and it was fun to play but there was one ai that had like 1000 points (arabia) while the second place was 600 (persia) and me i had 550 (rome) being third. It was by the year 1850 ad....arabia had like 900 gold each turn it was crazy, it was fun though the ai being more agressive on harder difficulties

lol playing prince and complaining about the AI sucking? I can understand why you might logically think that, but move up. Its amazing how little your superior tactics matter when you find yourself at turn 50 outnumbered 5 to 1.

That being said, I play Diety and find it pretty easy the majority of the time. Though certain start situations can be difficult. The biggest issue is getting astronomy and discovering that some jackass on the other continent has you outscored four to one.

I would like to see a higher difficulty made though, if only because the game is all about the challenge.

The game is easy to beat no doubt. I agree with others that say the AI seems smarter in G&K though. It even does naval invasions now, rarely, but it does.

I've just won an Immortal Space Race game with 10 Civs easily. Easily meaning at my first attempt playing very leisurely. And I won a diplo victory in Emperor epic large also very easily. I rarely beat Civ4:BTS in Emperor. And even Monarch in Civ4:BTS could still be challenging.

The game is good with G&K but I miss the days of Civ4:BTS where you felt that at any time you could be facing a massive land or naval invasion on your doorstep. At the moment there's challenge but it could be much better. I'm afraid that the AI isn't very good at the art of war yet. It doesn't bring enough troops.

We need more and stronger naval invasions.

I can see what the OP is trying to say. And my response - play multiplayer :D. Join one of the two major multiplayer groups (Civplayers or NQ [No Quitters]). All players play on a level playingfield. You have to balance human emotions (Sometimes making a move might make sense numbers wise but not diplomatically), combat tactics, building of your civ, and everyone being out to win.

I can see what the OP is trying to say. And my response - play multiplayer :D. Join one of the two major multiplayer groups (Civplayers or NQ [No Quitters]). All players play on a level playingfield. You have to balance human emotions (Sometimes making a move might make sense numbers wise but not diplomatically), combat tactics, building of your civ, and everyone being out to win.

While I'd like to play multi player I don't like the idea of what simultaneous turns does to combat. Suddenly you have a click fest and a very different game. I'm sure it still rewards skill but it is a very different type of skill to the point where it is a different game. A bit like SC2 multi/single player are different games.

While I'd like to play multi player I don't like the idea of what simultaneous turns does to combat. Suddenly you have a click fest and a very different game. I'm sure it still rewards skill but it is a very different type of skill to the point where it is a different game. A bit like SC2 multi/single player are different games.

I actually disagree partly. The simultaneous turns aren't skill, they reduce the game to luck almost. I have lost so many units in multi just because the game decided to move the enemy before me. Also, its annoying to defend anything like a general. I have to move him, hope the enemy doesn't get to move to the spot with the general alone for the split second, and then move the other. Lost many generals like that too.

I hate simul. turns.

How long do you play for each time? How long is each session?

How long do you play for each time? Each session? Do you use a mic and headphones? I was playing Shogun 2 Total War coop with a friend. My laptop worked well for that. So, I am considering trying this out. Sorry DP.

lol playing prince and complaining about the AI sucking? I can understand why you might logically think that, but move up. Its amazing how little your superior tactics matter when you find yourself at turn 50 outnumbered 5 to 1.

That being said, I play Diety and find it pretty easy the majority of the time. Though certain start situations can be difficult. The biggest issue is getting astronomy and discovering that some jackass on the other continent has you outscored four to one.

I would like to see a higher difficulty made though, if only because the game is all about the challenge.

i complain because on harder difficulties the AI gets advantages like having more gold, more production, and more science, just "advantages" not becasue it is difficult in term of combat strategy. or gold production etc... so before you write something think idiot.
Moderator Action: Flaming is not allowed here on CFC. Please behave in a civil way.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

i complain because on harder difficulties the AI gets advantages like having more gold, more production, and more science, just "advantages" not becasue it is difficult in term of combat strategy. or gold production etc... so before you write something think idiot.

I complain because on harder difficulties, the AI gets advantages like having more gold, more production, and more science, but just "advantages." It is not more difficult in terms of combat strategy. They get more gold, production, etc. ... so before you write something, think, idiot.
Moderator Action: :nono: this response is not right either.

Let's play nice, now.

The AI gets advantages that do not slow the game down, yes. Better AI would cause higher levels to take longer to process turns. That being siad, if you think the AI is bad at war, you should give them a handicap. Are you familiar with chess handicaps? There are several ways to allow a weaker player to compete with a stronger player (in some cases a much stronger player), and it generally has to do with more time, more pieces, or making pieces stronger.

The AI gets bonuses like that at higher levels in war, more units and often better units. I see nothing wrong with giving them an advantage like that to make up for their lack of "thinking."

Thalasicus made a mod where the AI's units received additional promotions instead of giving them large economic bonuses. Perhaps you would prefer this type of "harder" AI than the one in the vanilla game.

Deity on game setting? Shhhooot, I AM a Deity......:lol:

I have to play on King or Emperor btw, always, any higher difficulty and I don't have the patience or I'd throw my laptop through the window...:sad::D

Top Bottom