Ghandi is a hard leader to say `No` to...

Socratatus

Emperor
Does anyone find Ghandi hard to say no to?

I just got the game and have been playing awhile. i`m very impressed with the Leader graphics and animation and I like the fact they speak in what appears to be realistic languages (although they could say more).

But out of them all I find Ghandi the hardest guy to say no to. He gets bullied by everyone (in my game), then he comes to me, `Please be my friend cos it`s hard to survive in this world` and he looks so realistic and sad and harmless, like a small child being beaton up by bullies that I end up saying, `Ok,` even if this might get me to war with others.

Then I get Alexander and Germany and others warning me for sticking up for the downtrodden.

I just think they got the character animations and graphics, especially Ghandi, really realistic. Nice work on that.

T20 - Gandhi is conquered by Attila

T21 - Bismarck denounces Attila

T22 - Attila declares war on Bismarck

Oh okay then he rains down nuclear missiles on you.

He do that after he say "thank you for been my friend and help me to survive in this world for all this time" at that time you will believe what other leader say about Ghandi is truth, but its too late.

In my game, Ghandi nice at first, but after I fight his war or I build 1 more city, he start worrying about me and stab my back so harshly, and fight me until the last of his existence, I think every AI is like that mostly (nice civilize neighbor in opening, paranoid on middle game, killer machine at the end of the game), except Darius also Denmark is bit not an extreme back stabber, but I don't know about Harun never meet him in my game.

He do that after he say "thank you for been my friend and help me to survive in this world for all this time" at that time you will believe what other leader say about Ghandi is truth, but its too late.

In my game, Ghandi nice at first, but after I fight his war or I build 1 more city, he start worrying about me and stab my back so harshly, and fight me until the last of his existence, I think every AI is like that mostly (nice civilize neighbor in opening, paranoid on middle game, killer machine at the end of the game), except Darius also Denmark is bit not an extreme back stabber, but I don't know about Harun never meet him in my game.

What difficulty you normally play at? I play at Settler difficulty and the AI is always nice to me! :goodjob:

Ghandi is as big a warmongering nuisance than Monty or Attila in most of my games. He is amongst the select few leaders to nuke me on multiple playthroughs and as the other is Monty that puts him in my axis of evil. He is an expert backstabber who cannot be trusted and if he is a neighbour then he is the first to get conquered as he has never been friendly to me for more than an age before he denounces me, dow's my civ or turns all other civs against me. Sometimes its all three within 20 turns.

I`m on Warlord difficulty.
He has just tried to get me into a war with the Greeks though and I did say, `No`, then he looked at me with those teacher `not good, not good at all` eyes.

I`m sure Ghandi`s just as mean as the rest when it suits him. I think it`s just because he`s so well animated and looks quite real and the moving lake in the background is nicely done too.

Now Catherine I also... um... liked... she was really nice, until I told her not to plant any cities near me and suddenly she got really mean.

What difficulty you normally play at? I play at Settler difficulty and the AI is always nice to me!.

I forgot to answer you I'm sorry, I play it backthen in my vanila version in Emperror level, now in God and King I play prince difficulty but I don't see president Ghandi around. Diplo is getting better than vanila, religion make everything better and much playable. but the diplo still hard to cooperate too, the diplo kind like an angry bull, that one hit it never calm till one of you death. So it get better but still bit far from playable, I still can't control the flow of diplomacy, control mean playing when you can't control it you can't play it, so in civ5 I just rely on myself and my unit. Heck with diplo its not working for me.

In my current game on vanilla Gandhi has been being nice to me and were good friends.

Does anyone think he'll backstab and nuke me?

Well Ghandi`s proven pretty reliable and a good ally. The Iroquoi attacked me for no reason (probably because I was getting a bit big) and then the French attacked me because I think they were scared of me. Ghandi joined me. I beat off the French and they sued for peace.

The only bad thing is Ghandi wouldn`t join me to fight the Iroquoi, who were pretty big, I`ll admit.

The Iroquoi even nuked my Capital city to my shock so now I`m in a war of total eradication of them! But Ghandi hasn`t backstabbed me at all, so far.

He would not... as for the Iroquois, burn all the cities you take (except for those containing wonders and their capital). They deserve very little sympathy.

Yeah the leader animations are great and I like them. But the diplomacy is a bit lacking.

Ugh I hate dealing with Gandhi, he always denounces me a few turns after I meet him. He always seems to leader the world "Friendship" league against me. But you know whats even worse than Gandhi? Gandhi and Kamehameha in the same game together and in a Declaration of Friendship! You take a barbarian encampment down and they denounce you on the grounds that you are a warmonger......

I also have a problem saying no to Ghandi, like in: "No Ghandi, I will NOT kill you! *twitch*"

Gandhi called me "comrade" yesterday when I chose the path of Order! I am such a sucker for this AI. I give him inordinate amounts of resources for no other reason than that he's Gandhi!

Top Bottom