Can't build my UI and my cities are invisible.

walterbryant

Chieftain
For what it is worth I do not know any programing and have never made mods before. I have learned from reading what others have posted and opened the XML files for mods that I downloaded.

My unique improvement is the essentially the Kasbah, but I called it a Centre. Workers do not have the option to build it.

Also my cities are invisible. I can click on the banner and I see units on that tile.

I feel like I have gone over everything several times. I checked load landmarks. My Civ, Leader, UU and UB all show up. I can play it. My UU is similar to the Pathfinder and works perfect. I have my city names working and spy names working and I updated some of the text areas.

I wanted to make 2 each of UU, UI, and UB for this mod (I do not expect this to be balanced but who know).

Are there any common things new modders overlook? Any help is welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Moderator Action: Moved to appropriate forum.

Thanks for moving the thread. Sorry I posted it to the wrong place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

So, I'm a little confused here: I can assume you're using a mod of some sort...? And you switched some files around or something? I'm afraid you'll have to be more clear than
I have learned from reading what others have posted and opened the XML files for mods that I downloaded.

Well, can you check your logs (database.log and lua.log in particular) and attach the mod?

Because as the master modder whoward69 put it:
whoward69 said:
Trying to guess what you may or may not have done based on your descriptions is nigh on impossible.

First off, the invisible cities. All down to this little line:

<DisplayPosition>0</DisplayPosition>

If you have more than one building using the same display position, then it shows an invisible city. For normal new buildings, delete the line if it's there. I think that the wonders have to have the line in, but if you set it to "0" as I have here for all the new wonders you create, then it'll work fine and you'll be able to see your buildings once more.

As for the building of your improvement, I think you may be missing these lines, which basically define which units are able to build the improvement:

<Unit_Builds>
<Row>
<UnitType>UNIT_WORKER</UnitType>
<BuildType>BUILD_CENTRE</BuildType>
</Row>
</Unit_Builds>

Top Bottom