Where are my bloody barbarians???

Thorburne

Centurion
OK... this is a bit frustrating! I built a map in World Builder and began playing it last night. It was a huge map with placed Civilizations and City-States, other than that, nothing special. The only options I checked were New Random Seed, Allow Policy Saving and Allow Promotion Saving. A few turns into playing it, I realized that there were absolutely NO barbarians spawning. I did not place any on the map.

Of course, I have BNW, but I am not sure that the issue is with BNW specifically. Last week, I created a map to play and when I started playing on it, it was just after I got the new pre-BNW release update. I HAD placed Barbarians on a couple continents (not the one the Civ I chose started on), but again, no other Barbarians spawned. I thought that it had something to do with the placement of Barbarians and the game wouldn't spawn any more until a certain number were removed or the game reached a certain era that "allowed" for more.

Well, that WAS my thought... until last night. I can only guess that it has to do with the update. It appears that the World builder has not yet been updated because whenever I load it, it states that I am using an older version than the game and that I need to update. Though, looking through Steam, it says that my copy of the SDK is up to date.

Very frustrating!!! :(

Ahh... bummer! I just emailed Dan and hopefully he will be able to bring it up to the developers today during the Polycast recording. I tried saving my game and reloading the save without loading mods (since the only "mod" was the map pack). I was hoping maybe it would kick start the barbarians, but alas, no dice. :(

I certainly have some barbarians to spare. I might be able to persuade the six surrounding my capital. :D

We're checking it out now. Seems to be limited to the "load as scenario" option.

I too have this issue with maps when "load as scenario" is checked, no barbs spawn.

This issue seems to be still present in my custom games too after the latest patch.

A workaround is to setup all the civs and city states, then manually delete the civ or city that has been assigned to team 22 (this team must be reserved for barbarians, it seems that the editor forget to reserve it automatically).

If all you are doing is placing start locations on your custom map, you can get around this bug by

1. never assign a major player or a city-state to team #22 in the scenario dialog box.
  2. for city states, don't actually assign which city-states will appear. In other words, don't add specific city-states in the scenario dialog box.
  3. Only assign which major civs are to appear and never assign any to team #22.
  4. Add as many city-states as you wish to the map by only assigning 'Random City State' start locations in the Edit Plot tab. The game will randomly assign city states to each of these starting plot locations when you go through Modded game start-up and select the 'Load Scenario' option after you've selected your custom map.

What is "world builder" and how can one get it?

Lähetetty minun GT-I9300 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

LeeS, I've done the Team 22 trick and that didn't work. With regards to the City States, you're saying not to put specific starts for them?

Thomazo, download Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK from the Tools menu on Steam.

You made sure to delete team 22? It has been working for me. Make sure there is no Team 22 at all.

As for placing random city-states, that works for none pre-start maps, but I am sure that most people making maps want to place specific civs and city-states on the map, so the only work around is the Team 22 workaround.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

LeeS, I've done the Team 22 trick and that didn't work. With regards to the City States, you're saying not to put specific starts for them?

Thomazo, download Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK from the Tools menu on Steam.
Assign random city-state start positions rather than assign City-State X to start at a particular spot. Random City-State is one of the options for the starting positions drop-down menu within the Edit Plot tab.

And yeah, this method doesn't really help when you want to build a full-blown scenario where you are placing various cities, units, etc., on the map. In that case you have to use the scenario dialog box and re-assign the team number for whichever city-state or major player has team 22 assigned to it.

The easiest way is to add one more than the number of city-states that you want and delete Team 22. Otherwise, you have to go through and change each CS up a number from 22 and up. You would need an extra one anyway so that you can bump up the last CS.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Barbarians sometimes don't appear in small islands.. Barbarians appear in other places though.. checking the rest of the map can also find you barbarians.

Top Bottom