Wodhann's Art Workshop

Wodhann

South American Norse God
Requests are now CLOSED.

Sorry. I have my own stuff to do now.

Good news for those who need graphics for their mods, I'm willing to do some for people who need it, at least for the time being.

I can do pretty much anything. but I do have some conditions:

General Rules:
  • Don't ask for art if you've just started your mod (art is generally the last thing you want to worry about), and please show me what you have so far (you can just link to another thread if it's easier).
  • I'll do stuff based on what I feel like and I reserve the right to not do stuff I'm not particularly excited about.
  • Don't swarm me with requests, even if they're small ones.
  • Don't nitpick. If you need a change, I'll do it; but be clear the first time, as I don't want to have to go back to your file a thousand times.
  • If you don't provide me with necessary material and I search the internet and not find any, I'll give up on your request.
  • If you ask me for art you agree that you're willing to post screenshots of the art applied in-game.
  • Everything I make is for really meant for everyone and not necessarily exclusive to you unless it contains things you created.

About big illustrations - maps, leaderscenes, DOM

• Only one big illustration per person, please (until I'm free to do more).
  • I will not do the research for you - give me ALL the files you need for me to compose your final picture. I might look around for something better if I feel necessary, but it's your job to provide me with the components.
  • With maps, please provide me with all cartography and information necessary, preferably maps that can be overlapped without much editing.

About 3D

• I will not do 3D modeling, but if you want I can work on textures. However I cannot test how they look myself right now. So you agree to do all the testing and post screenshots of them in-game so I can see.

Well, that's it I think. So feel free to ask away.

Are you wiling to do building icons and how much effort would they require on your part? A couple of my mods use the palace graphic over and over for new buildings. Having a different icon would make it easier for users to identify the new buildings.

Are you wiling to do building icons and how much effort would they require on your part? A couple of my mods use the palace graphic over and over for new buildings. Having a different icon would make it easier for users to identify the new buildings.
I can do anything but 3d modeling. Icons are no problem.

Just remember I need some reference, and knowing what it is for would also be good.

Can we see some examples of your work?

Icons are no problem.

Just remember I need some reference, and knowing what it is for would also be good.
Here is an outline of what I would need, broken down by mod:

Race for Religion
Building icon for Seminaries (possible reference)
Building icon for Haiden (possible reference)

(I am not an artist so I don't have a strong vision for how the building should look. It is probably more important that they be visually distinct from the existing faith-bought building icons)

Reform and Rule
Building icon for each social policy (12 in total)

These icons would likely try to resemble the graphic behind the social policies (example: Tradition is the guy chiseling stone, Liberty is the scale)

Cities of Marble
(These icons would all be for new National Wonders)
(This mod was released much more recently than the previous two and is less popular. It would be a lower priority than the other two mods.)
Building icon for Grand Waystation
Building icon for Grand Amphitheater
Building icon for Knight's Order
Building icon for Diplomatic Mission

I'd like to request a unit icon for a Swiss Guard musketman. I'm making a little mod that expands the Mercenary Army policy in the Commerce tree so that you can buy more mercenaries to make the policy relevant past the Medieval era. I will be using this unit model to represent the unit (although only the guy in the orange pants). For reference, I would like the unit icon to look somewhat like that of the Janissary, only wearing a uniform as seen in this picture. If you are interested in creating such an icon, you have my thanks in advance.

Very clean. Nice work :)

Thank you Wodhann, those are very nice! I can do the resizing and dds conversion -- unless you've already taken care of that too.

I was already going to inform you, mrc, about this thread :D

Are those truly ONLY icons which you need for 3rd component project? I thought there were some problematic unit icons :0

I was already going to inform you, mrc, about this thread :D

Are those truly ONLY icons which you need for 3rd component project? I thought there were some problematic unit icons :0

I didn't want to bring the entire list here and overflow Wodhann with a long request. Leugi is working on some. I'm finishing the Streltsy :D, so first let's wrap up the buildings ;)

Could you do me these buildings?
  • Brazilian Sambadrome
  • Carthaginian Cothon
  • Mayan Ballcourt
  • Netherlands Waag
I had already done one for Sambadrome, was waiting to see what you would do with it.

It's not very painterly but it's not easy to find something Firaxis style to use when it comes to sambadromes.

What size do you need them?
The sizes for building icons plus the extra space around the circle are:
256 x 256
128 x 128
64 x 64
45 x 45

I believe the sizes for just the within the circle are:
174 x 174
88 x 88
44 x 44
31 x 31

It looks like you have the extra space around the circle so the first set of sizes would be correct.

Yeah, it's not very likable, perhaps it would be better to focus on the parade rather than on the sambadrome itself. From that icon it's mainly the building arch that doesn't suit the rest
To be honest I thought the arch sort of "saved" the icon - focusing on the parade is too confusing for the eye, especially for a small icon, so the arch sort of gave it a more remarkable identity.

It's really hard to make an icon for something like the Sambadrome. If you find an image on google that you think would be more likeable feel free to post a link to it and I'll see if I can come up with something better.

Top Bottom