Can't declare war?

Chieftain
Been playing a long time and never had this happen before. I want to start a war with Vicky, who is furious with me. When I try to open dialogue with her she won't talk on the only option is to "go away" and close the dialogue box. Then when I try to invade her boarders, I can't because she has closed borders and declaring war isn't an option.

How can I get me war started?

ALT+ Click on her name. Or You can enter her land by using the numpad to enter the adjacent tile, then a prompt will appear asking you if you want trigger war.

If ALT clicking her name does not work then you may have entered a 10 turn truce with her. You can enter a truce by making demands on a civ, to which they accept.

Thanks! That did the trick. Weird, I've been playing this game a LONG time and never ran into this issue before. I guess that's one reason I continue to like this game so much. Always something simple, yet new to learn.

That's why I like the BUG mod: It shows, with a rainbow-colored 'peace' icon, if another civilization is inside a Peace Treaty with mine.

Or if said civilization doesn't want to talk to me (an exclamation mark '!'). Very helpful when wanting to quickly end a war with an enemy that doesn't actually attack you (happened to me a couple of games ago: Japan DoW-ed on me... but between them and my Russia, there's a *huge* swath of HRE... Japan's armies never appeared near my border, and I impatiently wait until the '!' to disappear so I can offer an olive branch).

Top Bottom