Fallout Scrubber
=========================================
UI COAL MOD BY ASIOASIOASIO
=========================================

Screenshots in database

-----------------------------------------
DESCRIPTION

It's UI Theme I've made for World War II 1939 Mod, but i want to share it with you before the mod's release date.

It changes not only background color, but also few things that civscale doesn't change (blue tech tree and blue borders around buttons in UI, some backgrounds and other minor things).

It adds also new font in typewriter style created for 1939 Mod, so everything looks more vintage. Use as you like, you can edit this font, use for personal and commerce purposes, and share it as you like, but remember to give credit. It bases on Unicode though I not guarantee it would work 100% well in Civ4 (I'm sure it works very well with English and German language, for the rest, you need to try, and tell me if something is wrong)

I forgot to told you that to get font displayed in game you need to copy font 1939 from Resource/Fonts to Windows/Fonts (install this font - you could use it also in crating documents ;) ) (Don't copy 1939_PL - it's just prototype of font working with polish translation)

INSTALATION AND MODIFYING

It's made as a mod - so the procedure is quite standard.
1. Unpack .zip to your Beyound The Sword Mods directory.
2. Go to Advanced -> Load a Mod - The game will reload and will start with new UI
3. If you need to merge it with mod or edit i recommend to visit Fabrysse's tutorial [TUT] EASY : Modify UI/HUD colors & fonts in BtS wich you can find here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=244965

Download Here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7873

This is great! I wouldn't use this for replacing the general game interface, but for a WWII interface, this is absolutely perfect! Could also be great for any Industrial era mod.

Thx :) Maybe it's little bit harder to read than sylfaen or sans seriff but it gives more climat to the game :)

@ ALL I forgot that to get font displayed in game you need to copy font 1939 from Resource/Fonts to Windows/Fonts (install this font - you could use it also in crating documents ;) ) (Don't copy 1939_PL - it's just prototype of font working with polish translation)

@ Azazell - Thx :) i work on font working with polish fan translation -expect it probably this weekend on next week

Nice! I've found the perfect UI style for my 19-20th century mod.

Great piece of work mate!

Awesome, i'd download it, but i have 1 question. What happens to Multiplayer? It's the only reason i have never downloaded any UI's. Will it just be ignored by the game or do i have to uninstall it or something?

@ ALL I forgot that to get font displayed in game you need to copy font 1939 from Resource/Fonts to Windows/Fonts (install this font - you could use it also in crating documents ;) ) (Don't copy 1939_PL - it's just prototype of font working with polish translation)

And if I don't want that font, it will work fine by just not copying that font to Windows/Fonts?

If you like arial (sylfaen??? i don't rember well wich one is default) - yes :) you don't need to copy it
if you want other font i suggest checking tutorial
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=244965
changing font is pritty easy - just changing of name of font in notepad and putting it to font folder in resources

Reuploaded

Thank you :)
I use it in personal mod too :)

Ooooh! Well, as a fellow interface modder I have to tell you, nice job. The colour choices are excellent, and the font is well chosen. Nice one!

Thank you :)

I used trial version of Font Creator - 30 days is enough to complete font :)
I scanned the book that i used at university - it has typewriter font used. Some letters i needed to make on my own basing on the existing one. I made it more narrow in comparisson with book - mostly because to make texts in game fit better.

Why it looks like antialiased (in fact it's still just black and white not antialliased - try to write something in word with huge size of letters)? I don't know i just scanned it and converted to fonts - choosing parameters to best symulate typewriter font. Probably white + black dots give the feeling of antyaliasing

I love the font, too -- very "1942 Remington Rand"-ish. And the colors work great together.

I didn't realize that many files would need to be edited/included to change the colors/font, though.

Top Bottom