Conquest of the New World Deluxe

Wow, razing any city gets you one treasure unit per turn, no matter what civ it belonged to.

Then again, I enjoy sacking the European capitals as any European nation. Nuts to America, let's conquer EUROPE!

But where are my new scenario specific achievements? Iwant colourful pretty colour achievement.

I've been playing this map and by far it is the most enjoyable. Its kind of too easy though if you play with spain

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wow, razing any city gets you one treasure unit per turn, no matter what civ it belonged to.

It's random (except for the three treasures for taking a civ capital, and one for taking a city state, on the turn of capture) - you don't always get one a turn, though I suspect the chance is at least 50%. It makes sense that any city should give the reward - native cities are hardly likely to be wealthier than French ones. Curious thing is, the natives get treasures too (at least I got a notification that an AI Maya-razed city had generated a treasure) - not curious in a logical sense, since if the treasure's there it's on a first come first served basis, but curious in terms of the scenario since the natives don't win by amassing treasure.

anyone got a good strategy as the natives yet? I almost won, came 2nd :mad:

It still has the problem that the natives can eventually research European tech which is a bit unrealistic.... just surviving should be enough to win as the natives.

Just finished a random game as the Dutch and it turned out pretty well. England jumped up to a really early lead, no idea how they got so many points so quickly. They sent one admiral to China, but I got the other 2. I build up a mass trading empire and ended up a few hundred points above England. I felt it was too close so I decided to take some treasures as well...big mistake on my part. After I easily conquered most of the Aztecs, England and France declared war on me destroying my trade routes and ruining my revenues. I ended up taking the English capital and winning pretty handily but the game was probably closer than it should have been had I just waited out the last 50 turns with my lead.

It's random (except for the three treasures for taking a civ capital, and one for taking a city state, on the turn of capture) - you don't always get one a turn, though I suspect the chance is at least 50%. It makes sense that any city should give the reward - native cities are hardly likely to be wealthier than French ones. Curious thing is, the natives get treasures too (at least I got a notification that an AI Maya-razed city had generated a treasure) - not curious in a logical sense, since if the treasure's there it's on a first come first served basis, but curious in terms of the scenario since the natives don't win by amassing treasure.

Natives receive victory points in the same ways Europe does...I've won as the Inca by sailing to China/shipping treasure to my capital.

Well it is too bad that these scenarios don't have any espionage or tech stealing capabilities because I got Spain in random and I easily fell behind in technology since it takes a couple of turns to sail to the new world and finally plant the settlers for the additional cities. As for the score, I am currently in second place. No one wants any problems but I barely put the difficulty on prince and I have so much gold saved up from the trade routes and finally got up 2 cities in the new world so far.

trying to win with Maya ics. hardbuilt food wonder and got chichen itza by use of GE

pantheons: +3 faith per city, +2 happiness per temple

sadly social policy which adds faith to shrines and temples doesnt work, maybe i'll reload to not get it; other policies i have taken: +1 hammers per city, faster building of temples

planted 3 cities before got to shoshones and aztecs borders; bribed aztecs to dow shoshones, and i think to attack them myself too. its possible to buy a number of atl-atls with faith (pretty cheap) and then upgrade them to CBs.

Did anyone tried deity yet?I did and left Francis for exactly 1001 points,which is kind a funny since my goal was to have exactly 1000 points advantage(since in my previous attempts i was always behind for 1000 points).If anyone wants strategy,i can post it.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 1,174
it would be interesting
Well,the key is in terrain,this map which i got was almost perfect,first it seems best is pangea style where you can explore entire map fast(most common generated map is two continents).
Picked panteons was apu and inti ,first one which gives +3 faith for road connection,and second one which give extra happiness on temple.As happiness is on low level during entire game,that play big role.Second is to be on good spot,isolated sport where nobody will declare war due proximity and also so you can expand without worrying how someone will take your spot.Map also had to be full with jungle tiles,since you get +2 on everything except construction when building brazilwood camp and reformed pantheon +2 to faith on jungle tiles.
And they wont send missionaries either thanks to isolated spot.When it comes to wonders,i would have even better score if i builded chicken itza,but as position which i picked was on hill had to go with machu pichu instead,but its not bad wonder since you get extra gold then.

And social policies i went this route:
1.free settler
2.Faster temple
3.Building Construction
4.Wonder construction
5.+1 faith to shrines and temples
6.bonus reformation

anyone got a good strategy as the natives yet? I almost won, came 2nd :mad:

It still has the problem that the natives can eventually research European tech which is a bit unrealistic.... just surviving should be enough to win as the natives.

I played as the Aztecs and city spammed. I took the Inti pantheon (the one with +2 happiness from temples) and the tenant that builds temples in half the time. It made expansion pretty easy. The Americans get VP for faith so city spamming seems to be the only option with them unless you're the Shoshone. That tipi UI could make them work tall I think. I went pretty heavy on the warmongering since I was the Aztecs. Getting the Comanche Riders in your tier 3 slot asap makes warring against the other Americans a breeze. I think I could have won without war though as long as there's room to expand. Just focusing on generating as much faith as possible will win you the game.

Trade with European civs as much as possible to get a ton of tech from them.

As far as being able to research European tech being unrealistic goes, I'd say it got unrealistic when you took the helm with foreknowledge of the European invasion. Natives in the North American West used horses and fire arms eventually. The Aztecs and Incas just didn't last long enough to adopt them. They do last long enough in this scenario with a human player controlling them.

Just a question: do the "old" Conquest of the New World achievements trigger from completing this?

Just a question: do the "old" Conquest of the New World achievements trigger from completing this?

No; despite the similar name, premise and scenario set up, in code terms this scenario is as different from Conquest 1 as 1066 is from Smokey Skies. Conquest 1 is still available in the scenario list and you need to play that to get its achievements.

Looks fun.

Are there all 5 euro (Dutch, English, Portuguese, Spanish, French) and all 5 native (Aztecs, Iroquois, Maya, Inca, Shoshone) civs in this scenario?

Yes. But no achievements for any of them, although as with most scenarios you can presumably win the associated main game "win the game as X" achievements. Not sure, though: not only did I not win my playthrough, I rolled Portugal and I already have that achievement.

In my Aztec game I razed quite a few Iroquois, Incan and Mayan cities but only got treasure from the capitals. Do Americans only get the capital treasures or was I really unlucky with the RNG?

Top Bottom