Removing Aircraft stack limit

floydrix

Chieftain
Is there a way to remove the cap on the number of planes allowed in a city?

I heard there was a way to add the <airmodifier> to a building (ie a monument), I have tried this and it didn't work although I am not sure if I did it correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This would go into modding forum.

If I'm not mistaken, the Airplane limit is in GlobalDefines.xml and not hardcoded, so I think you can just increase the limit to 1000 or something like that. However, it is true that there is a modifier which the Airport has which you could also add to the monument if you wanted. I don't have game installed on this computer, however, so I can't find the exact proper tag here. Try to locate the entry for Airport in Buildings.xml and see if you can figure it out yourself.

I didn't realise that the BNW files and the original civ 5 files were seperate. I kept changing the original files thinking it would change the BNW files. Fixed it now thanks a lot guys :lol:

"AirModifier" within the <Buildings> table:
Increases the allowed number of air units that can be stationed within the same city. Since this is a direct additive change to the allowed numbers of units, this command does not function similar to other "modifier" commands. This column* as I recall was added to the Airport building with the Fall2013Update Patch to BNW. The Airport now has <AirModifier>4</AirModifier> as part of its definition within the <Buildings> table. This allows an additional four aircraft to be stationed within the city above the basic limit.

* (or command, if you are not up on the 'table', 'row', 'column' terminology)

Top Bottom