Need artist for a 2D 'Constantine the Great'

@roblrich
Hip-hop doesn't really fit the aesthetic of civ. I'll probably go with something more orchestral if I give them custom music. If you remind me once this mod is done, I'll tell you how to edit the files to play your song in your copy of the mod.

@JFD
That's a good idea. I don't have Crusader Kings 2, but I do have a couple of Paradox games (EU3 & EU:Rome) so I think I'll give a listen to their music again and see if any of the tracks catch my interest. Those games don't have very good graphics, but they make up for it with great music.

I went ahead and wrote the code for this mod, so whenever we get a final leaderscreen and leader icon we'll have a finished mod.

OK - Here's the long-awaited leaderscreen! I'm still working on doing these, so any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• constanineicon.png
    constanineicon.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 66
  • constantinethegreatfull.jpg
    constantinethegreatfull.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 136
OK - Here's the long-awaited leaderscreen! I'm still working on doing these, so any feedback is appreciated.

Feedback, eh?

Quite, frankly, those are superb. Much better than I could've ever done. If I could give a tip, I'd recommend smudging and liquefying the glabella (Yeah, I googled it) a bit more, as it makes the nose sync with the rest a bit better. Like this:
Spoiler :

The nose still sticks about a bit but it IS a roman emperor I'm pretty sure you can see how much of a difference it makes.

The mod is now ready to be tested. Download here.

It looks very good. Since you are still refining your leaderscreen creation skills and asked for feedback, I'll nitpick a little. It is a little rough around the edges, especially where you put different pictures together. Also, the fingers don't wrap around the pole, and the flag could do with a more cloth-like texture. Overall though, I really like it. Composition is nice, it has a good looking background (that's the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, correct?), nice shadowing, and the uniform looks great. It is a huge improvement over your first leaderscreen, so keep up the good work.:goodjob:

I really like the mod. I disagree about the war music, but that's ok, I have it on my version. I am probably older than you guys and hate rap, but the words and tempo of this piece of music I like and think apply.

I've played the mod practically non-stop since downloading it. You need to keep a diligent eye on your workers. They will build forts everywhere, and if you put your cities on food, they build farms over them. So after the main auto-work has been performed, I manually handle the workers.

I am satisfied with the art work. Just happy to get someone to help. Thanks to all.

Top Bottom