Social policy mods? (specifically Ho/Pi/Lb)

White Out

Prince
I find that the social policies before you get into the modern eras are a little unbalanced. Tradition is still quite a bit better than honour, piety, and liberty. Is there a mod that buffs the lesser than 3 that anyones had good success with?

That mod looks a little too change heavy for me. I wonder how hard it would be to make a mod that allowed me to slightly nerf the tradition numbers and give boosts to piety and tradition? Adding some small culture bonuses to piety, maybe some food bonuses etc. I feel like if I get into modding it will be like going down a rabbit hole for me lol.

I wouldn't mind something that alters Aesthetics a little, I'm not a fan of the 15% tourism modifier, it makes the game end too quickly.

I need help finding

<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_MERITOCRACY_HELP" />
<Set Text="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Meritocracy[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]+1 [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness for each City you own [ICON_CONNECTED] connected to the [ICON_CAPITAL] Capital and -10% [ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizens in non-occupied Cities." />

Where in the world do I find the original text? I can't find it anywhere. Help!

ok I found that but now I can't seem to update the text that shows what building bonuses are when I hover over with a mouse.

Maybe this is the mod you're looking for ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194521571

Is just the policies from the balance mod, the only difference is the % from universities that is changed in the balance mod due to the overall science tweaks.

Where in the world do I find the original text? I can't find it anywhere. Help!

There's a database called localization IIRC, for sure is the biggest one on the cache folder. There you can get that kind of texts for the language installed.

Maybe this is the mod you're looking for ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194521571

Is just the policies from the balance mod, the only difference is the % from universities that is changed in the balance mod due to the overall science tweaks.

There's a database called localization IIRC, for sure is the biggest one on the cache folder. There you can get that kind of texts for the language installed.

Awesome! I noticed though that in the city view window, it doesn't show the added bonuses from the shrines and temples and granaries. Where are these references in the XML?

Awesome! I noticed though that in the city view window, it doesn't show the added bonuses from the shrines and temples and granaries. Where are these references in the XML?

Yeah, many bonsuses from policies are not shown on the building when you get the policy (happiness IS shown and there are little more exceptions), but they still are applied. Is something related on the original game UI. As example when you get the +1 faith from shrines temples on the original, even you can clearly see the faith going up, the buildings don't show that bonus.

There are three tables for yields:

Policy_BuildingClassCultureChanges

Policy_BuildingClassHappiness

Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges -> This is for any other yield change.

I have a question. I'm about to alter your Game Balance mod so that it changes cultural diversity back to the old ethics policy. How do I get rid of the tourism modifier?

Top Bottom