Spaceship Parts and Nukes

Skyre_Solon

Chieftain
I have a game where I am roughly equal to another player in tech but not army size. So I decided to go for a space victory. And I was wondering, if he has the last spaceship part in a city can I nuke it to destroy it? :mischief:
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not. I thought that but the spaceship part magically ports to another city. Your only hope is to capture it in open territory and make him rebuild it but I expect that will give only a 4 to 8 turn window.

However even though he has 5 other parts he may still need to get the tech to build the last part and that can take them ages I have found. They build and launch the parts as soon as they can so the cockpit and boosters will go up quickly then it can 30+ turns before the next one goes up and as long again for the last one.

There is literally no way of knowing what techs they have other than by guess work from spying.

The only surefire way of stopping a SV victory is to surround a SS part until you win the game. The AI won't delete it and rebuild it. Or just wipe them off the face of the map :D

Sorry I forgot to say this earlier. My game is Japan on Pangaea difficulty level Warlord :blush:and I have Austria to the South-west, and the Giant empire of the Netherlands to the South-east. Siam is almost destroyed and his capital belongs to the Netherlands. I have conquered Alex, and Korea was conquered by Netherlands.

With the Netherlands so big and slightly ahead in tech I figured a culture or tech victory would be the smart way to go.

Stop worrying about teching on warlord it should happen easily if you have built the early libraries and universities. Build lots of troops and role over William immediately. On warlord you should be able to murder him with 3 artillery and 2 cav. Don't annex them though puppet everything. By the time you are half way through him you will be teching so fast he won't get a look in.

Edit: You haven't said where you actually are in the game but I assumed you had both gotten to spaceship parts. If that is the case then you should have mobile rocket artillery and tanks. If that is the case then crank some out and start rolling. Your biggest problem will be garrisoning his cities that you puppet.

Sorry I didn't get your post until now.

I DOWed him because he was building the last ship part and I nuked him. We are both in the late information age and I have begon the invasion. Thanks for your help.

Well in my last game I was playing against the Iroqouis down to the last spaceship part and I planted spies in his major cities. Found the city that was going to complete it about 4 turns before the Diplo vote which I had locked up. Surrounded his continent on a water map with nuclear subs loaded up. He finished the last part in another city and had moved it to his Capitol but didn't complete on that turn so you could see it on the map in the Capitol. Declared war and unloaded all my nukes and it must of destroyed the part. 4 turns later got the Diplo victory. Felt cheap though considering we were yes ... actually friends the whole entire game and I was Ghandi. Although they did declare war and almost wipe out my Spanish lady friend at the very beginning of the game so maybe I could make a case for waiting 2000 years to get my backstabbing revenge. Still just didn't feel as Epic and kind of cheap but maybe I am asking too much. I also didn't realize you could rush build with a GE the UN or I would of had the vote before they finished the part and could have avoided turning the Iroquois into a nuclear wasteland and avoided the whole mess. Had a GE sitting around for 10 turns with nothing to do until I plopped it in my Capitol just to see and sure enough I could have used it the whole time.

I also didn't realize you could rush build with a GE the UN or I would of had the vote before they finished the part and could have avoided turning the Iroquois into a nuclear wasteland and avoided the whole mess. Had a GE sitting around for 10 turns with nothing to do until I plopped it in my Capitol just to see and sure enough I could have used it the whole time.

I :( sadly don't have the tech to build the UN and I don't want to really risk it. They had 7 turns until the part was built and I don't even have the tech to build the last two parts. I decided that if they are building the parts I going to :nuke: them.
I'm going to try a blitzkrieg campaign and hope when I capture their capital, A they haven't built the part, and B that the spaceship will blow up in the ensuing chaos.

I :( sadly don't have the tech to build the UN and I don't want to really risk it. They had 7 turns until the part was built and I don't even have the tech to build the last two parts. I decided that if they are building the parts I going to :nuke: them.
I'm going to try a blitzkrieg campaign and hope when I capture their capital, A they haven't built the part, and B that the spaceship will blow up in the ensuing chaos.

Don't capture the capital. If you do, the spaceship magically moves to the new capital.
What you want to do is surround the capital. Capture/raze surrounding cities, pillage railroad connections and tile improvements, and position troops in a circle around it to kill any spaceship parts that try to get there. Nuking it a few times helps too, just so they can't built the last part directly in the capital at any reasonable rate.

Top Bottom