2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine has looked very differently from civ game to civ game. Take civ3 which would probably satisfy your request for realism ;)

TBH, every leaderhead in Civ3 looked horrendous.

I always assumed Catherine was eventually represented as a lustful seductress because of her infamous sexual ventures which allegedly included... ahem... "activities" with horses.

Can be Almoravid or Almohad...

No civs with names starting with "A" :)
By the way, if 2 announced civs will be Morocco and either Italy or Hungary, the remaining 2 will be between Portugal and Zulu, so Sioux are highly possible. On the other hand, if 2 civs will be Morocco and Venice, we'll have too much space for speculations :)

The left side of the image depicts an archeological site, most likely in Egypt, hence the tent, lantern and palm tree. The right side appears to be part of a national flag that has a white stripe in the middle and red stripe on the right side, which I suspect is likely the Italian flag. The person depicted is probably a famous archeologist not the nation's leader. Based on the shape of the person and the clues I mentioned above, I believe we are seeing the famous Italian archeologist Giovanni Battista Belzoni, who specialized in Egyptian antiquities.

Therefore, I believe the next civ being revealed is Italy.

Besides that the flag on the right is actually a hill, and that Civ5 doesn't use national flags anywhere, it's almost a compelling argument.

TBH, every leaderhead in Civ3 looked horrendous.

I always assumed Catherine was eventually represented as a lustful seductress because of her infamous sexual ventures which allegedly included... ahem... "activities" with horses.

Pretty sure the horse thing is slander from people who A) Didn't think a woman should be in power and B) Believed that sex wasn't a thing good women should pursue but rather be a thing that happened to women at the behest of a man. You got a lot of similar stories about Theodora due to her career prior to being empress.

Pretty sure the horse thing is slander from people who A) Didn't think a woman should be in power and B) Believed that sex wasn't a thing good women should pursue but rather be a thing that happened to women at the behest of a man. You got a lot of similar stories about Theodora due to her career prior to being empress.

Of course, but it helped to create a certain 'legend' around Catherine, which constituted the basis for her looks and speech in every Civ game after Civ3 after all.

Catherine has looked very differently from civ game to civ game. Take civ3 which would probably satisfy your request for realism ;)

Isn't that Victoria?

There's written Catherine below the picture for christ's sake :) The pic is from the announcement page of civ3 btw. And here's what Victoria looked like in civ4, there's some similarity, true:

I barely played Civ III; I don't remember these things! :p And the caption below the picture is barely legible.

Ok, screw the overlap, it's subjective. Let's use the term "Nation".

Why? They don't. The game is called Civilization. Not Nation or Nation-State. It's about more than political entities with well-defined, non-overlapping borders. It is and has always been as much about putting together cultural groups that didn't exist simultaneously as it has been about nations. Insisting that they only use groups that fit the modern definition of "nation" is artificial in the extreme. You're trying to impose constraints that the game itself has never, ever followed.

Also, "Rome would have to be the capital of Italy" has been debunked over and over and over and over. We have clearly demonstrated that there are other cities which would make sense serving as capital of an Italian civ, especially if it was modeled on the Renaissance era rather than the modern era. None of the people who keep saying "Rome has to be the capital" have ever presented any reasoned argument for why we're wrong to say, for example, that a Renaissance Italian civ with Lorenzo de' Medici as leader could have Florence as a capital and still make sense. They just keep saying "Rome has to be the capital" as though it were a mantra that will keep Italy away if they can just say it enough times. It's getting pretty tired.

I hope that the second Civ revealed tomorrow is the European one:

1) It would end the ridiculous debate over whether or not Venice or Italy should be in the game,
2) It would eliminate (probably) Hungary, Holy Roman Empire, Francia, the Normans or any of the other European Civs that have been mentioned, and
3) Based on the alphabetical achievement order, it might eliminate Indonesia/Majapahit (if Italy) as well.

So, bearing all of that in mind...

...they will probably unveil the Sioux. :lol:

The left side of the image depicts an archeological site, most likely in Egypt, hence the tent, lantern and palm tree. The right side appears to be part of a national flag that has a white stripe in the middle and red stripe on the right side, which I suspect is likely the Italian flag. The person depicted is probably a famous archeologist not the nation's leader. Based on the shape of the person and the clues I mentioned above, I believe we are seeing the famous Italian archeologist Giovanni Battista Belzoni, who specialized in Egyptian antiquities.

Therefore, I believe the next civ being revealed is Italy.
Why would they make an icon for a single Archaeologist?

Besides, I could say the Almohad Flag is in there as well if I wanted to, look behind the W in "new".

Has anyone noticed how the "light" coming of is yellow and blue?
or am I just searching too hard?
You're searching too hard. They use the same technique in all the icons. That's why I used it in my Lorenzo icon as well (although people seemed to have a problem with it at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom