2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clearly Jefferson Davis guys, come on.

I call Oman again :p.
Although Oman would make sense from a trade history perspective, the leader would have one thing that's very typical for Oman that's missing: A massive ceremonial dagger.

======

I'm immensely intrigued by the mini rucksack (or whatever it is) he's wearing on his chest, by the way.

I'm leaning towards him as well, but I think, at this point, we have to concede that all Moroccan leaders look kinda alike.

I think of context of the scenario we're getting and

Abd al-Rahman of Morocco

During his long reign he proved himself competent in an Africa that was being colonized by stronger European nations. He was able to remain independent and maintain his borders without ceding any land. He also signed the necessary treaties to enforce his beliefs.

^ Wikipedia

makes the most sense.

I assume this Moroccan leader would simply speak Arabic, unless Firaxis goes creative and picks a Berber language

I don't mind this civ. If more African civs are added in the future, I hope for ones south of the Sahara. North Africa is pretty much covered in my mind.

If it were Oman, it would have to be the current sultan and his ~*~FABULOUS~*~ turban.

Morocco makes sense, but I wish they change the name of THE ARABS to ARABIA since THE ARABS (just like THE CELTS) brings to mind a culture/tribe and NOT a nation/civilization.

Since we still have about a day and half, lets play like it might not be morocco, what are some other options? We need to ensure we cover all options!!

Algeria, Oman, the Mamluks and the Caliphates are all significant entities in the region.
Maybe even Mali.

But the tent in the background looks very Berber, so I have no doubt it's Morocco.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...9831890358.197044.117631940358&type=1&theater

The guy looks very Arabian <- I'd like to apologize for that, I got too excited to being the first to let everybody know, He looks like he is from Morocco, not Arabian... just Northern African looking guy, Morocco for sure in my opinion.

I am still hoping for a sub-Saharan civ, and was on the fence about a Moroccan/Berber civ, but now that we have this pic (and I agree it seems North African), I am very pleased.

Clearly it's the guy depicted as a statue on the Order portion of the box art.

I think of context of the scenario we're getting and

Abd al-Rahman of Morocco

Maria Theresa did not make sense for the Into the Renaissance scenario and civs there were explicitly chosen for their fit in the scenario. I have no reason to believe that they will choose a leader simply because of the scenario rather than choose the best leader and then rename him for the scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom