Religion / Diplomacy

Atlatas

Chieftain
Hello! Something that has been bothering me a lot, particularly in my past few games, is that the AI completely ignores their promise to stop spreading religion. Do they actually receive a diplomatic penalty for doing this? Or do I have to denounce them for anything to actually happen?

Last game, Ghandi said he would stop and then he waltzed a great prophet right back into the city I just used an inquisitor on. It's a bit annoying that they can get away with that, but I get in trouble if I do it to them...

I hope so. I've yet to encounter an AI who doesn't eventually break their promise.
India and the Aztecs are the worst in my experience. Damn zealots.

Erm... So I ended up going to war against Cathy for her dissent. Ended up taking her capital and all that, and then someone else eliminated her completely. Liberated her a while later and 100 years later we are at WC. Without even asking, she gave me her 8 diplo votes. I mean, I did liberate her, but there's still a lot of diplo hits with her. Her 8 gave me enough for World Leader though.

That was a pleasant surprise. I didn't think the AI would ever actually vote for someone other than themselves.

I really wish there were a way to tell the AI "If you send one more missionary or great prophet into my land, I will declare war on you and kill it."

I really wish there were a way to tell the AI "If you send one more missionary or great prophet into my land, I will declare war on you and kill it."

Indeed, diplomacy really need some threats/ultimatums :p

Top Bottom