Why haven't I won yet?

Amarr Emperor

Chieftain
In this game I clearly should have won cultural (via tourism), yet, the game did not say I won.

I am influential with the only other civ on the map.

Someone please help me?

Attachments

• Why haven't I won yet.Civ5Save
    453.2 KB · Views: 60
The file is there for a reason guys. Although the 2nd guy has an excuse kinda. To the first guy, click next turn yourself and explain why you haven't won

The file is there for a reason guys. Although the 2nd guy has an excuse kinda. To the first guy, click next turn yourself and explain why you haven't won

Why should we bother while you can test these things out by yourself? It's not that hard to click the next turn, for us we have to clickt he file, download it, put it in the saves folder. We don't know which Dlcs you have that we don't etc. It's alot more hassle.

I can't check your file right now (I'd have to undo my core changes to my game to get it to work and I don't feel like going through that hassle); however, I've had a few times I should have gotten a CV with tourism and it didn't credit... in most situations it was related to either a GA or GM... either one of the AI had popped a GA and boosted their culture during their turn or I had used a GM during my turn. In most cases I got the CV a turn or two later (a few times I had work to do - once 3 AIs use GAs in succession and delayed me from CV for a quite a while).

Ok to everyone who asks me if I turned off culture VC

click menu, close to bottom of that list click "details", you'll see all the game settings, including the culture VC being enabled.

I tried your save and even when Mongolia said he was buying my blue jeans etc the victory screen didn't come up. I see you've turned off religion, did you accidentally turn off VC as well?

Oh you don't turn off religion, it's automatically turned off if you start after medival age

People are trying to be nice by looking at your save. You could be less hostile back to them (saying you didn't turn off cultural victory is not only easier for you than scolding people for not going through a series of menus to answer it themselves, it's nicer too).

You're influential with the Mongols because you adopted the Futurism tenet of Autocracy (+250 Tourism with all known civs when certain great people are born). I also note that you're on turn two (I think) of your game. I can think of two explanations why you haven't won yet (and won't win for at least several more turns):

1. An unpatched bug, or
2. The game is deliberately programmed not to let you win until after a certain number of turns have passed. This would make sense to prevent winning the game on turn two.

Does anyone know if there is a requirement that a game last a certain number of moves before anyone can win?

You're influential with the Mongols because you adopted the Futurism tenet of Autocracy (+250 Tourism with all known civs when certain great people are born). I also note that you're on turn two (I think) of your game. I can think of two explanations why you haven't won yet (and won't win for at least several more turns):

1. An unpatched bug, or
2. The game is deliberately programmed not to let you win until after a certain number of turns have passed. This would make sense to prevent winning the game on turn two.

Does anyone know if there is a requirement that a game last a certain number of moves before anyone can win?

Yeah, you got in my head for sure. That's exactly my suspicions as well.

Culture victory came 10 turns in (turn 275). May be an undocumented 10-turn minimum to culture victory.

That might actually be what the "VictoryDelayPercent" setting is under gamespeeds... I've never played around with it since I've never done advanced start or had a game I could win in short order.... what GameSpeed were you playing?

Default settings here are 300 for Marathon, 150 for Epic, 100 for Standard and 67 for Quick.

He was playing quick, settler difficulty, and information era start.

There's also a row in GlobalDefines.xml that states:

<Row Name="MIN_GAME_TURNS_ELAPSED_TO_TEST_VICTORY">
<Value>10</Value>
</Row>

Haven't explored how and where this is used.

In that case I'd need to dig into some other files to figure this out... on Quick it'd be 67% of something... possibly modified by later era start (but a cursory glance in the Era file turned up nothing). Hm.

I did find this setting under GlobalDefines:

<Row Name="MIN_GAME_TURNS_ELAPSED_TO_TEST_VICTORY">
<Value>10</Value>

EDIT 1:But I'm not sure if that's a trigger from start of game or other condition. Regardless I've had instant victories later in the game when I achieved a condition - including new cultural one - so I'm still looking for now.

EDIT 2:Okay, there's a VictoryDelayTurns setting under Victories.xml that is defaulted to 0 for each type and none have a setting, so I'm assuming this DelayPercentage would affect that setting and is currently unusued (since none have more than 0 anyway right now) so that's not the issue.

EDIT 3:My current theory (since that setting under GlobalDefines is under Newstuff with no category) is that there is a 10 turn delay for Cultural VC (like Browd suggested) but this will take more in-game testing for me to verify. As it stands I may not have noticed it because I might have triggered the countdown on my turn but AI compensated on theirs by pushing culture somehow (GW, ancient writing, etc) and it took me 10 more turns to overcome it so I didn't realize the delay before...

Top Bottom