World's Fair, International Games, etc.

The point was that if you are actually the highest production civ in the game, you've basically already won.

Again, winning the World Fair does NOT require you to have the highest production.

If the AI prioritizes the WF the same way it does with puppets, it never interrupts building anything else to switch to the WF. That means humans have a massive advantage, and you don't need to be the highest production to win.

Is there a way to see how much everyone has put in so far?

I often find (especially on Emperor and below) that I overkill these projects, providing well over half the total resources.

If you don't want to overkill these projects, to the best of my knowledge, the # of hammers required to finish the project is equal to the # of hammers needed for the 2nd place prize X the # of civs left* in the game. Therefore, half of that +1 (or the # of hammers needed for the 3rd place prize X the # of civs left* in the game) would be what you need to guarantee 1st place and you can then switch your production back to units/building/wonders. As has been said before, you can hover the mouse over the build icon on the main map for any city that is producing the project to see how much your civ has contributed.

*I'm pretty sure it's the # of civs in the game when the project begins and will not go down if someone gets eliminated before it's completed, but I'm not 100% certain.

If you don't want to overkill these projects, to the best of my knowledge, the # of hammers required to finish the project is equal to the # of hammers needed for the 2nd place prize X the # of civs left* in the game. Therefore, half of that +1 (or the # of hammers needed for the 3rd place prize X the # of civs left* in the game) would be what you need to guarantee 1st place and you can then switch your production back to units/building/wonders. As has been said before, you can hover the mouse over the build icon on the main map for any city that is producing the project to see how much your civ has contributed.

*I'm pretty sure it's the # of civs in the game when the project begins and will not go down if someone gets eliminated before it's completed, but I'm not 100% certain.

Nah, it's based upon the number of civs in the game when the GAME starts, not when the project starts.

I only play large maps, it's always 234.5 for 2nd place, every time.

Nah, it's based upon the number of civs in the game when the GAME starts, not when the project starts.

I only play large maps, it's always 234.5 for 2nd place, every time.

What game pace is that? On standard speed/map it's always 350 hammers for 2nd.

I never actually thought of saving my writers until the world fair is finished, I'm gonna do that now.

What game pace is that? On standard speed/map it's always 350 hammers for 2nd.

Oh, right. It's Quick. I generally only play civ games with a friend, so in order to finish games in a reasonable time, it's always quick, and we generally do Large. Huge is terrible for reloads.

I tend to forget that when I'm doing statistics. But either way, my point is correct.. whether I clear out 2 caps early or everyone's still in the game, it's always the same number for 2nd place.

Top Bottom